SSS5.2(Kate and Mike's story)

Kate Davis

Kate Davis

Kate's POV;

Tonight was my date with Mike. I was all dressed up and was now looking at the mirror seeing how I looked while waiting for Mike to come home. I'm so so happy that father kind of accepted Mike. He saw how hard Mike works and I also told him how much I love Mike and can't live without him. Well I didn't exactly tell him. I yelled because we were arguing at that moment. But nevertheless, he finally saw the good that I see in Mike. He's caring, sweet, charming and with that cute smile of his, he's just perfect!

I looked at the mirror closely as I started thinking about what I talked with Elaine and Amelia a few days ago. They told me I should propose to him. But isn't that weird? I mean...what do I say? Do I give him anything or what? Maybe I could ask if we could move in together. But....then again, that'll be the same as being just now. And I kind of see no harm in getting married. Maybe I'm rushing too much and over thinking a lot. Oh my god! Am I so desperate to get married? But it's Mike!

My thoughts were all getting mixed up and confused. I slapped my face to get myself to become serious and focus. Okay! So suppose I do propose to him. What do I do?

I then look straight in the mirror as I then say, "Hey, want to get married?"

No, no, no. That's not good. Let's try it some other way.

"Mike, will you please marry me?"

I said as I shook my head. What the hell am I doing? I sound so stupid! That's when I heard someone say,

"What?"

I knew whose voice it belonged to. Oh god! I really wished I could get crushed by a rock now because I'm feeling so embarrassed that I don't want to turn and look at him. I closed my eyes tightly and prayed that it was just my imagination. Mike didn't just hear me say that. But when I turned around and opened my eyes, Mike was standing there looking shocked. Oh shit. I really am gonna die of embarrassment!

I can't believe it. Was I that much engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't hear him come in or ring the bell?

"Umm...script! Play! That was just...I was just doing a stupid script by..uh...you know just practicing my acting skills..."

I had no idea what the hell I was blabbering out. But I kept talking and words kept coming out of my mouth. Oh shut up Kate! Stop talking! He is not gonna believe this crap. Stop talking or else you're gonna embarrass yourself even more...I thought to myself as I then finally stopped talking and slowly looked at Mike still facing my head down.

He cleared his throat as he said, "...okay..."
He doesn't believe me. Well I don't blame him. Who's gonna believe that lie?

"So are you ready to go?"

He quickly changed the topic. Thank god he changed the topic!

"Yup! Let's go!"

I said as I smiled