Chap#25

Elaine's POV;

It has almost been a month since my wedding. And things are going smoothly, I guess. I am still looking for a job. Everywhere I apply, they already know I'm Atlas's wife. So they treat me as if I'm royalty and I don't like that. I never knew it was so difficult to find a job.

As far as Atlas and me goes, he's busy like always. But most of the time, it's just us arguing. I wouldn't call it arguing, he's just an idiot and makes me irritated.

Last night, he was watching a movie in the theatre, which was kind of a new sight for me because I've never seen him do that before.
I saw it as a chance for me to watch a movie so I joined him. I've never used the theatre before because frankly I don't know how to put on the movie. Using a dvd at home was so easy, but this whole set up was kind of weird.
Atlas was about to watch some thriller movie. But I wasn't in the mood to watch some mysterious thriller movie. So I convinced him to put on some horror movie. And it wasn't easy to convince him. I basically annoyed him until he finally gave in. Although I was surprised he gave up pretty fast and I was even more surprised to see him sit next to me and watch the movie.

During the movie, I heard him mumble, "This is stupid. Why won't they turn on the lights of the house? And why would they go to the basement alone unarmed and which kind of basement only has one old small broken bulb?"

I laughed out loud at this. I've got to admit, horror movies logics are funny and kind of stupid. But that's what makes the movie fun.
I was about to reply when suddenly his phone rings and he leaves the room. He then doesn't come back and the movie ends.

Today I decided to make myself something for lunch. Even though Edith was home, I wanted to cook for myself. I was doing a pretty good job, until....I burnt it. And when I touched the pan, it was hot so I burnt my hand a bit. Okay, this wasn't the best dish I've cooked. I've cooked a lot better meals in my life before.
The food itself wasn't that bad. It was a bit black. And since I didn't want to waste it. I decide to eat it. But after taking two bites, I threw it all away. It wasn't gross, but it wasn't tasty.
After throwing it away, I am going back to my room when suddenly the tv in the lounge turns on. Is Atlas already home? I go to the living room to check it out and no one is there.

"Atlas. Are you there?" I said as I look around and then I turn off the tv. As I turn around to go back to my room, the tv again turns on.

"Atlas, is it you? If it is, then please stop. It's not funny." I said as I again check the whole place and I do not find him. Of course he would still be at his office right now. I again turn off the tv and then again the tv turns on. Okay, this is getting kind of scary. I pull the plug out and then run to my room.

That night, it was around 2 am when I felt thirsty. I went to the kitchen to get myself water. While I was going back to my room, I smell pizza. This was strange, there was no pizza in the fridge. I followed the smell and it lead me to the living room where Atlas was sitting, eating pizza while watching tv. He was wearing a loose grey shirt and his hair was all messy. Still it looked cute. I don't know but I felt like scaring him. I creeped up behind him and I was just about to scare him when he said, "What are you doing?"

This startles me so I jump a bit and said, "Nothing. What are you doing?" I sat next to him

"Can't you see? I'm eating pizza." He replied as he took a slice and ate it

"Why this late at night?" I asked

"I was hungry." He replied as he took another bite

"That's what you get for not eating dinner." I said as I took a slice and started eating it. He looked at me as if I had done something wrong.

"What? Don't look at me like that. It looks delicious. Besides I'm hungry." I said as I took another bite

He doesn't reply and we just sit there for like half an hour watching tv and eating pizza.

"Oh! I remember! You need to get your house baptised or exorcised or whatever the hell it is that you do to get rid of ghosts." I said

"What?" He said

"Or better yet you should throw this tv out. I think it's cursed." I said as I then realised how stupid I must sound. But it was true. In the movie I watched yesterday night, the house is haunted and so were the things in it.
I look at Atlas, waiting for his reply, when he suddenly starts laughing. Why is he laughing? I'm being serious here!

"Stop laughing. I'm serious." I said as I then tell him about what happened before which makes him laugh even more. I've never seen him laugh this much. Well on second thought, I felt so happy to see him laugh. I wish I could see him laugh more often. Atlas is so handsome and sometimes he has his a nice side too but I don't really know him. And sometimes I can't help but want to know more about him. But then he ends up being annoying.

"Why are you laughing so much?" I asked confusingly

"Nothing." He said as he smiled

"No, tell me!" I said as I grab the remote from his hand

"Fine, it was me. I was the one who turned on the tv." He replied as he takes the remote back from me

"Huh? How? Weren't you at the office?" I asked

"I was. I have this whole system in the house where I can control anything in this house just by using my phone and it doesn't matter where in the world I am." He replied

"What?" I said as surprisingly. "Then do you always see what I'm doing, you creepy stalker?"

"Huh? Of course not. I'm not crazy. Today the alarm went off thanks to the food you burnt, so I checked to see that." He replied

"Oh. Don't ever do that again. I was sca.....curious." I said even though from the look of his face, he knew I meant scared.
I reached out for the last slice of pizza when at the same time he also reached for that slice and our hands touched. I look up at him and I quickly pull my hand back. Now, I must be used to this already because we do hold hands just for show when we are in front of everyone. But at this moment, I felt like I was blushing and it again started feeling hot. Why was I feeling this away? I got up suddenly and said, "I'm sleepy, so I'm gonna sleep. Good night." I then run up to my room. That night I just couldn't sleep properly. That's why I woke up early the next morning.

I decided to make myself coffee. Atlas comes into the kitchen. He's still home yet. Usually he goes so early to his office.

"You are coming to tonight's dinner at your mum's house, right?" I asked. Over the past month, many people have invited us to lunch and dinners. And while we always go to all of them, Atlas usually skips on his family or friends dinner or he just goes back home early. He usually has work to do. And even though he said family is most important to him, I still can't believe how he usually skips out on them. No matter how busy a person is, he should always make time for his loved ones, right?

"Yeah...I'll see." He replied as he drank water

"Okay. Don't skip this one like last time. Everyone was asking why you didn't come. I had to make up bunch of excuses for you." I said as I tried to reach the mug from the shelf. The shelf was higher than me.
"Urgh...why the hell is it so high?" I said as I stood on my toes to reach it

"Because this is my kitchen and I'm taller than you." Atlas said as I then realised he was standing so close to me. I literally felt like my breathing stopped. My cheeks felt hot red. I see Atlas's hand reach out for the mug.

"Thanks..." I said as I then see him push the mug even further back.
"Hey! You idiot! I thought you were about to help me!" I said as he then smiled and went away. Seriously, this guy! I'm gonna get him back for this!

Vote and commend if you enjoyed this chapter, thanks for reading!