Chap#14

Elaine's POV;

I woke up today and I find no roses next to me. Finally! He has stopped sending me roses. But I have to spend the day with him thanks to Atlas. Some important business calls, my foot! I wonder what he does. Well whatever. I don't care. Right now I need to get ready and then go meet John. Tonight I also have to go to Atlas's house. I'd go to Claire's house after hanging around with John, where Atlas would pick me from. So I decided to dress up right now so that I won't have to get ready later on. I wasn't hungry so I didn't do breakfast. I just drank coffee because my day doesn't start without coffee!

After drinking coffee, I was going back to my room when I saw my father.

"Elaine. You didn't tell me. Is his family coming?" He asked

"Yes, Dad. His family will join us this Sunday for dinner." I said as I smiled and went back to my room

I took a bath. And now I was faced with the most important question in every girls life. A decision that every girl hates to make. I opened up my closet and looked at my clothes. I didn't know what to wear. I went with something simple. A white shirt and a jean along with shoes and a jacket. I did put on makeup as I thought that I'd have to go to meet Atlas's family.

 I did put on makeup as I thought that I'd have to go to meet Atlas's family

I went out and took a taxi and went to the restaurant. I didn't have my phone with me as I will get it tomorrow. As soon as I reached the restaurant, I saw John standing there.

"Oh hi! I didn't think you'd actually come." He said as he looked happy and surprised

"Why?" I asked

"Because you said you didn't like me." He replied

"Don't misunderstand. I still don't like you in that way. This is just for old times sake." I replied

"Okay then let's go!" He said

"Where to?" I asked

"Just wait and see." He replied. I followed him and we went to the amusement park. We took a lot of rides! I didn't ride on the fast ones because they look dangerous. And then we even did shooting. It was just like how we used to hang out as friends. I was kind of having fun. I know I was being selfish, but if only he wasn't in love with me. If only that didn't happen, he'd still be my friend and I wouldn't have to lie to anyone.
After we were done with all our rides, I bought french fries and started eating them while walking along him.

"Are you happy?" He suddenly asked

"Huh? Of course. It was fun today." I replied

"You know if you choose me you can have this much fun everyday." He said as we suddenly stopped walking. Why did we stop walking? What is this awkwardness? I really hate tension in the air. But what he said, made me feel bad for him. I felt pity for him. Which I'm pretty sure is the last thing that he needs me to feel for him.