Story 3, Chapter 26: The Last Straw

Shirley's POV:

I took a deep breath and walked over to Percy's house. 

Please let him be single... Please...

I rang the doorbell and a girl with curly black hair and gray eyes stood. She looked like she was eight years old.

"May I help you?"

"Hi, I'm here for the high school reunion."

"I'll get you your pass." She handed me a little card attached to a string. 

I smiled, before walking in, fingers crossed. Percy and Annabeth were dancing and kissing. The little girl walked up and hugged Percy's leg.

"Daddy! Daddy! Can I have ice cream?"

Please let it be an adopted daughter!

"Of course! You know where it is..."

The girl skipped off, grabbing a cup and a spoon. I watched as Percy pulled away. I cleared my throat and tapped his shoulder. Percy looked at me and smiled.

"Hey, Shirley."

"How did you remember me?"

"I made a list of the names and eventually memorized them prior to the party."

I smiled and hugged him, making sure my face was in his chest and my arms were around his waist and abs. Annabeth shot me a glare and I continued to flirt harder. I pursed my lips and tried to kiss those washboard abs, but Annabeth pulled him away.

"Seaweed Brain, I want to get in the pool, so jump in. I'm a mom with no time to play!"

"Aw, Wise Girl, you know I try..."

I was fuming. I decided to go with the dramatic side of things. We played in the pool all day and came up laughing, drinking out of wine glasses. I couldn't help but stare at Annabeth and Percy. I hated that girl. When everyone was out of the pool, Annabeth left to go get her towel. I quickly took her engagement ring and wedding ring, which were sitting on her towel. Percy would get mad at her for losing her rings and come to me.  I threw them in my bag. I smirked.

"Hey, I'm gonna go to the bathroom, I'll be right back."

When I came back, everyone was frantically searching and Annabeth was breaking down in Percy's arms, who was comforting her. Jason and Thalia were searching the pool. Piper and Hazel were searching the floor. Clarisse and Chris were searching all of the pranks. The Stoll brothers were searching everywhere. I smirked. They were never going to find it.

"Sh, it'll be okay, Wise Girl."

"I-I lost it! I'm s-so sorry!"

"I will buy you a new one. It'll be okay..."

I looked around. Kya was looking... in peoples' bags. I wanted to stop her, but that would give me away.

"I FOUND IT!"

Heads turned.

"Where was it?" Annabeth asked.

"In someone's bag."

Her eyes narrowed.

"Who's bag?"

"It was a rose-gold bag with a gorilla attached to it."

Crap.

"That's Shirley's bag!" Ashley shouted from the other side of the pool.

All heads turned to me. I felt a blush creeping up my cheeks.

"It wasn't me!" I protested, panicking.

"Then why was it in your bag?"

I stood, frozen.

"Please get out of my house and never come back, Shirley. Next time, try to find someone who likes to have their 10,000 dollar rings stolen," Percy said coldly while I sulked out of the doorway.

"Shirley!" I heard a voice.

"Percy?"

"No, silly, Patrick. I left the party to join you!"

"You did it... for me?"

"Yes. I've always loved you. You just never loved me."

I stared into Patrick's brown eyes.

"Maybe I do," I whispered and kissed him.

I had found love in Patrick. I looked back at the partying house. I never saw Percy again. I was okay with it for once. I walked down the dirt road and into my apartment. Patrick and I were meant to be. I just didn't see it at first.

A/N: 

THIS CHAPTER WAS REALLY SHORT!

I'm so sorry for making this chapter a little short, but I'm starting to have a writers block. TERRIBLE! Oh welp. See you in the next chapter!

XOXO

Lisa or YasQueennnnnnnnnnn