Story 3, Chapter 9: Forgotten

Shirley's POV:

I sat at my table with Patrick. For some reason, Kya didn't show up. When I was walking to the trash cans to throw my paper plate away, I saw her sitting at Percy's table, laughing with... Annabeth. I felt myself go red with rage. I stormed away, meeting Kya's amazing brown eyes before pointing the finger and stalking away. I met Annabeth's beautiful gray eyes and forced a smile on my face before walking away, scowling.

I ran to the bathroom stalls with Patrick hot on my heels.

"I hate that girl!"

"Who? Kya?"

"No! Annabeth! She stole my best friend!"

"Well, I'm here if it helps."

"Okay, fine."

I walked out of the stall. I hated being here. I watched as Percy and Kya laughed and Kya playfully punched his shoulder, saying something like Kelp Head. I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth. I marched over.

"A word with you," I said as sweetly as I could and I pulled her away before she could say more.

"What are you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"What are you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why is my best friend hanging out with the girl who ruined my life?"

"How did she ruin your life? She is kind! No wonder Percy loves her. Percy is loyal and kind! I get why he hasn't loved you. All this time, Annabeth has been a nice girl. It's you who's been the brat!"

"How dare you! While being my friend, you are under my control. You are coming with me."

"No."

"You are. You're my best friend. That means I can control you."

"No, it doesn't. I'm not your friend. I'm Annabeth and Percy's friend. I'm not friends with bitches."

She walked away. I growled and when no one was looking, I dropped her phone into the pool, before running away. Kya looked into the water and cried out in desperation as she watched it fall into the water. Percy ran in and I saw an air bubble form around the phone as it fell into the crystal clear water. It rose to the surface to a grateful looking Kya. I stormed away, not wanting to see more. 

All I knew was that Percy was mine. Percy would be mine forever and ever. He would never be anything other than my boyfriend. My fiancé, My husband. My children's father. Patrick followed me as always, and the popular girls pretended to fan their noses as if I stunk. I shot them glares and I ran to the trees as the bell rang.

I sat down near a stump and stared at Percy as he laughed and sat into his car, driving away with his friends. I cried. I cried tears of betrayal. I looked up to see Patrick, sitting down next to me.

"Shirley, you need to understand her perspective. You weren't always polite with her."

"Patrick, shut up!"

I walked away, ignoring Patrick's hurt expression as I followed Percy and his friends. They rounded the corner to the yogurt shop. Thalia caught me and whispered something in ancient greek. Seriously?! Ancient Greek?! What the heck! I don't even know what that is!

I ran to Starbucks across the street. I had to plan my revenge on Annabeth. I had to steal her boyfriend. I had to rob her of her friends. I had to be sneaky. I secretly bought an energy bar that made you gain weight crazy fast and handed it to her.

"These are the bars my mom uses to lose weight."

Annabeth shrugged and turned the package over. No. She was reading the nutrition facts. Shit. I ran from the store just as Annabeth threw it away. I growled in rage and I saw Kya come up to me with a cookie.

"Fat here, huh? I have a cookie that'll help you lose weight."

I stared at the nutrition facts. Nothing about gaining weight. I bit into it as Kya left. As I finished, I caught an evil smirk as she high-fived Annabeth.

I woke up and looked in the mirror. I gasped in horror. My sides were no longer in an hourglass shape. It was fat and bulging. My pants wouldn't fit anymore. I cried and went to school anyway, ignoring the whispers and stares I got from everyone. I sat down in class, staring at Percy's beautiful eyes, focused and alert. I drew hearts in the air and got out my notebook. I started to sketch a picture of him in class. 

When class was over, I held the sketch close to my chest. I saw Annabeth giggling and kissing Percy. I felt like I was going to kill her. I stomped away, ignoring the protests of the girls as I stepped on their perfume bottles in the gym locker room. I changed and ran to the gym. Percy was in his uniform, but with a whistle.

"Alright, students! Today, we'll be doing dodgeball. I will be joining whichever team gives me the best speech. Let me pick the teams.

Annabeth and uh, what's your name again?"

I was shocked. He didn't know my name? Well, he did have like 100 friends.

"Shirley."

"Annabeth and Shirley are the captains."

"Kya."

Okay, she wanted to play that game.

"Katie."

"Thalia."

"Rachel."

"Clarisse."

I was running out of options. I saw the people I chose groan and facepalm. I switch my attention to the jocks.

"Jake."

"Josh."

Pretty soon, she had most of her camp friends and some jocks. Girls and boys, guys. I had some girls and nerds. Two of her camp friends looked like they weren't going to fight. Then it was time to prepare my speech. I recited it in my head.

I'd like you to be on my team. You're my friend, so popular, so hot, I'd love it if you'd defend my honor out of love.

I couldn't come up with anything else. Annabeth was to go first.

"Percy, babe, you should come on my team because you want to support camp. If you join their team, they have an unfair advantage, considering she chose some of our camp friends and jocks. If you join us, that makes up for all the energy and ammo they took from us. You would help us greatly in filling that empty space with your overpowering energy. Secondly, you would also give them an advantage if you go to their side. Knowing all our weaknesses is not fair, as you would be giving them an advantage. They already have strong jocks and some campers, they have enough reinforcements. Thus, you should join our group."

Shit, I had nothing close to that.

"Shirley?"

"Uh, can you join my group?" That was all. I couldn't get anything else. The jocks on our side shook their heads and slapped their brows.

"I guess I'm joining my lovely girlfriend," He said as he kissed her neck.

Annabeth moved so it was her lips at his kiss. My vision grew red with rage. 

"Ready, go!"

I threw a ball at Annabeth, who dodged it easily, before throwing it at a jock, who sat on the bleachers. I threw another one at her, but she dodged again. I got hit by her. I growled in rage and I grabbed another one, even if I was out. I threw it with all my might. It hit her straight in the face. She gasped and Percy dropped all his equipment and carried her off, bridal style.

I listened in.

"I...can't...breathe..."

"What do you need?"

"Mouth...to...mouth..."

"Alright, Wise Girl."

They kissed so sweetly I thought I was going to dissolve it with the amount of sourness I felt. I felt like pouring acid onto her lips. I growled and sat on the bleachers.

"That was a foul, hitting her in the face and after you were out."

His team won and the day was over. I crossed my arms and stormed out.