Story 1, Chapter 9: What Has The World Become?

Annabeth's POV:

"He...he what?"

"He had a heart attack, I'm so sorry."

"No...NO!" I screamed I sank down to my knees and sobbed.

"Percy... I should've known to watch out..." Sally muttered as she tried to hold back her tears.

"That kid works way too hard... Said he was doing something for college..."

"Seriously? He works till 2 AM. He literally gets up at five. He gets like no sleep, he is constantly worrying about us, we do nothing, and he takes all the burden!" Paul cried as the tears rolled down his face.

A nurse came in, looking grim.

"I'm afraid Mr. Jackson is in a coma. He has managed to survive, and we are putting him on life support, hoping it will help his healing. His heartbeat is slow, but we can't speed it up, because when he wakes up, it would be high blood pressure, and he would die from that. He'll be in room E27 when he is ready for visitors tomorrow."

With that, the woman left the room. I slept in the room, trying to imagine my sweet Seaweed Brain comforting me like he did back before he got stressed. I cried myself to sleep. 

I headed to the library. When I sat down, a boy with blond hair and brown eyes came up to talk to me.

"Hey, babe. Wanna go get some fro yo and get on the bed?"

"No, I have a boyfriend."

"Too bad. He's in the hospital. I hate that kid. Even in his condition now, people are still fawning over him and the girls still drool. I hope he doesn't make it out alive. He's just some spoiled rich kid and--"

I slapped him.

"How dare you! Percy works for his own money. His parents don't work except for Mr. Blofis! Mr. Blofis and his family are supported by Percy. He works much more than he should, and he works enough to support all the people he loves! You are a shitty, fucking asshole who deserves to rot in the deepest pits of hell! You call him spoiled, but he grew up with nothing. He grew up abused. He managed to survive countless battles and save the world twice! He managed to buy a mansion when he came up from trash! You are just a bitch who wants attention."

I looked to see the girls all behind me, nodding their heads. The jocks were all glaring at the boy, and Mr. Blofis looked like he wanted to punch someone.

"So, I am not dating you. I love Percy, and only Percy. You call him a slut again, and you will feel the kiss of my dagger, not my lips. Do you understand?"

"Yes ma'am." He gulped nervously.

"Good." I said calmly before running to the hospital.

I entered the room with a visitor's pass and sat next to him. It had been a few days and he was still out cold. I held his limp had in mine.

"When did you start to love me? Or did you love me from the start?"

No response. The beeping of the monitor.

"Did you ever think I was annoying? Did you ever think I was a know-it-all?"

Nothing. Not even a twitch.

"Seaweed Brain, I love you with all my heart. If you die, I will still love you, no one else. I swear on the River Styx." 

Thunder boomed.

"Please. Wake up for me. Wake up and spar with me. Tell me this is a joke."

"Kid, it isn't."

I turned to see Percy's boss.