Story 3, Chapter 7: Popular Girls Flirt Hard

Percy's POV:

Turns out, they didn't know I was a god, but their memories were that I got promoted to help the P.E. teacher in class, so now, I am even more popular. Great.

"Alright! Coach Jackson! What are we doing today?" A jock yelled, smiling.

"Run two laps!"

They ran around the long track, panting and sweating. When they reached me again, I told them to do fifty push-ups. They groaned and I saw a bunch of girls cheating. I rolled my eyes and when P.E. was over, I went to my locker to get ready for our next class. 

"Heyyy, Percyyy." I saw the girl who I hate.

Sofia Ryes.

The head of the cheerleading squad.

The most popular girl in school.

A slut.

A bitch.

A player.

A terrible person.

"Oh...hi...Sofia?" I pretended not to know her.

Annabeth's POV:

I watched as the popular girl flirted with him. I rolled my eyes at his facial expression.

"Why don't you ditch that dumb blonde and come with me?"

No one calls me a dumb blonde.

I kicked her back with my heel.

"What did you say?"

"I said you're a dumb blonde."

"Percy, deal with her."

Percy put his hand on me and looked into my stormy gray eyes. I relaxed a little bit and smiled at him. He stood and helped the girl up.

He. Did. Not. Just. Do. That.

He pushed her up against the wall.

"If you ever call my girlfriend a dumb blonde, you will never be closer than a classmate to me, clear?"

The girl nodded before running off, tripping a couple of times over her heels. I kissed Percy. That was the good man I knew. I saw Shirley. What was she doing here? She was a friend... right? Shirley walked up and hugged me. I was aware of her hands creeping to his eight-pack. I clenched my teeth and balled my fists. I was staring at her as she stared back at me. Her dull green eyes were cold as ice, even if they looked like dying plants.

I shot her a glare and she removed her hands from his abs, staring at his face and into his beautiful eyes. Percy gently pushed her away, then moved to Pre-Calculus with me.

"Percy, do you love any of those girls?"

"You know there is only one girl I like in my whole life. That girl is you."

I kissed him sweetly until Shirley's voice rang out through the cafeteria.

"No PDA in the lunch area!"

Then she came up and caressed his face in her hand. I found myself turning red with rage. Shirley turned to me with cold hate, but then it was masked with a sweet smile and she pulled away, before mock bowing before me. I rolled my eyes and sat down with the love of my life.

"I love you, Percy."

"I love you, too, Annie."

For once, I didn't feel picky about the name. All I wanted was Seaweed Brain. Another girl came up and I saw her move her hips and chest to make them poof out. Talk about that whore. She approached Percy.

"Hey, Seaweed Brain."

No one. Gets. To. Call. Him. Seaweed. Brain. But. Me.

"How dare you!"

"What? You call him that all the time."

"Because that's a nickname I gave him! You have no right to use my affectionate nickname with him at all!"

"Well, how did you get an insult to be a nickname... hm?"

"That is not an insult, it is affectionate. We met when we were twelve in my camp. He had a concussion, so I treated him back to health. When I was giving him a tour, he kept asking dumb questions, and when I found out who his father was, I called him Seaweed Brain."

"And I called her Wise Girl because she was wicked smart and of who her mother was."

Percy gave me a lopsided grin that I always fall for. I pushed myself to him and kissed his cheek. The girls were fuming. Some girl ran up to me and slapped me. Hard.

"You are not allowed to kiss my boyfriend!" another blonde yelled.

"Claire, you are not my girlfriend, she is."

"So? Anyone can be her. They can have hideous eyes and put gray contacts in and dye their hair blonde and spray tan themselves."

"I like her because she puts no makeup on, doesn't wear slutty clothing, stays natural, and she doesn't even try!"

I dragged him to his car and we piled in with the rest of our friends before driving to his house. We watched Everything, Everything I swear I cried too many times in the movie when I thought about losing my Seaweed Brain. They were all looking at me weirdly, but I ignored them and kept letting my feelings show, enjoying the soft kisses Percy was giving me.

"Shh, it's okay, Annie, it's okay... I love you, I won't leave."

"I'm cold..."

"Where are you cold?"

His voice was so gentle and so sweet, I wanted to have it like a lollipop. 

"O-on my lips."

"You need..."

"Mouth to mouth..."(Sound weird? Okay.)

He kissed me. His lips were soft and sweet. I took in a deep breath, savoring the smell of the sea. When the kiss was over, I gave him puppy eyes, though my puppy eyes don't work like his. He smiled at me and I laid my head down in his lap as we finished the rest of the movie. When I checked the time, it was 12:00 AM. I heard the steady breathing and I saw Percy asleep, a thin line of drool coming out of his mouth. 

I smiled and wiped it away. I carried him to his room, despite my arms aching halfway there because his muscles are so heavy. I planted a kiss on his forehead before sleeping next to him. 

When we went to school the next morning, I saw the girls all wearing boys and girls long sweatshirts with shorts. They were barely wearing makeup and they had no doing on their hair as they normally do. They were all imitating me. Seriously?! They flirt that hard? I swear. Girls in Goode High School flirt really hard. Not Kya though... even if she's pretty, too.