Story 3, Chapter 1: Jealous

Shirley's POV:

I sighed as I watched Percy's sea-green eyes watching the board intently, scribbling down notes, and furrowing his brows in concentration. I breathed in the smell of the ocean breeze. His perfect tan drew my attention as I watched his muscles from underneath his shirt.

"Shirley? Ms. Shirley Evans!"

I snapped out of it.

"Ms. Shirley Evans, I expect you to pay attention in my class! You are a senior, you should be setting a good example for your peers!"

I blushed and hung my head in embarrassment. When class was over, Mr. Matter pulled me aside.

"Ms. Shirley Evans, what have you learned today?"

"Um..."

"You weren't paying attention! You will have to write a five-page essay, or have a week of detention."

I nodded my head and walked out of class. I stared at Percy. He was talking to some jocks. I rolled my eyes. Of course, he was. He talks to everyone! He's the most popular guy in school! I imagined us at the garden with the roses, him proposing, the diamond ring, our wedding, what our children would look like...

"Shirley! Earth to Shirley!" I blinked and looked into the face of Kya, my best friend.

"What?"

"It's time for lunch! Percy's sitting at our table today! You don't wanna be late!"

I ran as fast as I could and got into the lunch line. I picked up the mashed potatoes and gravy and sat down next to Percy. Percy was laughing with Aaron about something, so I pretended that I had heard and began laughing as well.

"I'm picking up my friends from camp today. They're transferring to Goode. One of them is arriving--"

"Hey, Kelp Head!"

He turned and a beautiful girl with black hair and electric blue eyes was running towards him. He laughed and he let her tackle him to the floor. Percy stood up and kissed her forehead. I felt my heart shatter. He looked at us all.

"This is Thalia."

"Hi!"

She began to sip on her coffee. I felt a little awkward in the silence, so I broke it.

"So...how long have you two been dating?"

Thalia spat her coffee out, hitting her chest as she choked. Percy looked like he was being strangled as he tried to get some water out of his lungs. When their fits were over, she looked disgusted.

"Why would I be dating my cousin?"

I felt my heart seem to reform again.

"Oh, you're his cousin. He talks about a girl he's dating and I thought you were her."

"No, she's just one of my favorite cousins."

Thalia punched his shoulder and rolled her eyes.

"Kelp Head, I was in History! Didn't I tell you I was coming in the morning?"

"Oh, shit, yeah you did."

Thalia laughed and they sat down at the table. When they finished their food, they walked together and talked. I instantly felt jealous. Even if she was his cousin, she knew more about him than I did, which was so unfair. I felt Kya touch my shoulder.

"Shirley, she's just his cousin. It's not like he has a real girlfriend or anything. He probably makes it up to get the girls off of him. No one believes him, so she's probably not real."

I relaxed and assured myself that she was fake. 

When the dismissal bell rang, I ran out and packed my things. I put on some makeup and lifted my skirt a little higher before walking out to meet Percy's friends. Percy was leaning on a tree with Thalia, laughing. I saw a van pull up. The first people who walked out were boys. One was emo and had dark hair and dark eyes. The other had blonde hair and blue eyes. They were complete opposites, but holding hands. They were amazingly hot. No one is hotter than Percy, though. They kissed and I realized they were gay. A beautiful Cherokee girl came out and I feared that it was Percy's girlfriend, she was so beautiful. I relaxed when a blond guy with the same electric blue eyes Thalia had, walked out, and kissed her. A strong Asian guy came out holding hands with a girl with cinnamon hair and a sweet smile. A boy with curly hair and a toolbelt came out holding a girl with caramel-colored hair. A very strong looking girl came out holding a man who looked Hispanic. Three people came out. Two boys who looked very alike, but one was shorter, and a girl holding hands with the taller one, with a flower crown. Her brown hair was silky and her grass-green eyes pierced into my skin. 

The last girl seemed to grab everyone's hate. She walked out with a Californian tan no one can get with spray, golden princess locks, gray eyes that shimmered with intelligence, and an athletic figure as she walked forward.  Worst of all, she was walking to Percy. Percy gave them all a lopsided grin and the blonde ran to him.

"Seaweed Brain!" She called.

What? Who calls the smart kid and the swim captain a seaweed brain?

"Wise Girl!" He called, racing for her.

Wise Girl? What the heck are those nicknames?

The part that smashed my heart to dust was the moment he lifted her up in his arms, kissing her sweetly. On. The. Lips. I felt tears threatening to come out of my eyes, but I held them back. I ran my fingers through my dirty blonde hair and blinked as I stared at her gray eyes compared to my dull green ones. I felt Kya's reassuring hand on my shoulder and I felt like crying into her shoulder.

"Guys, this is my girlfriend, Annabeth."

"Hey, my name's Annabeth. I'm transferring to Goode."

No.

Way.

"Yes, she is! I love her so much!"

He kissed her again and she traced his face. All the girls were glaring and Thalia rolled her eyes and split them apart. Thank gods.

"Break it up, you two. You can do more PDA at the apartment."

"Uh, guys, I don't live in an apartment anymore. I live in my own house, so I don't bring my newborn sister any harm, because we're... you know."

He elbowed Thalia and his friends nodded in understanding. I hated not knowing what others know. I wanted to slap that blonde's perfect face and beat it till it was red at a tomato. I clenched my fists. I ran to the bathroom after Percy got into his Porsche and they drove away. I growled in rage. I was jealous of Annabeth. That was dangerous.