Story 2, Chapter 3: Swim Meet With Yancy

Nancy's POV:

I smirked. We were heading onto the bus, going to Goode to compete in the finals for the swim meet. Those Goode losers didn't stand a chance.

"How are you doing, babe?" I looked over to see Peter looking at me with a sly smile.

"I'm good. Go kick those Goode loser's asses."

"Nancy, strike one! Bad language!"

I rolled my eyes. Ms. Jenny was a really annoying math teacher. I heard the brakes screech to a halt and I ran out of the bus with Peter right behind me. When we made it to the pool, I saw a really hot guy. He had messy, windswept black hair with sea-green eyes that swirled with power. His muscles were toned and his eight-pack made all the girls drool. He had a perfect tan that made him look like he lived on the beach, a lopsided grin, and a really handsome voice.

"Hey, Yancy Academy. Good game today."

"You'll need it." A blonde spoke up behind him.

I found myself glaring as jealousy surged up within me. She was more beautiful than me, which was so unfair. She had gorgeous princess curls flowing down her back, but they were a pretty honey blond. Her eyes were gray and shimmering with intelligence. Her lips were full and really pink. I stared as she kissed the hot boy. The boy I wanted. I felt my cheeks burning.

"Yancy! Get over here!" the coach yelled and we sat on the bleachers.

"Good luck, babe," I said to Peter. 

I didn't like him that much anymore. Peter began a pep talk with the team, talking over strategy, but Goode was joking. They were horsing around, laughing and the hot guy was leading it all. What. The. Freaking. Hell. Why aren't they taking this seriously? This would be a piece of cake. 

Both teams were... tied?! Eh, Peter will whoop their asses. They met at the center. I caught the word, Jackson. I knew a kid with the last name Jackson...but he was scrawny and weak. There's no way he could've grown so muscular. Plus, he had a really weird name. It made him look like a wimp.

The hot dude shook hands with Peter and I saw him visibly wince when they shook hands. Wimp. He flashed us all a smile and he leaped in. I was looking at Peter. He beat his record. I smirked and looked at the other guy, but that smirk faded and it turned into a look of shock and disbelief. He was already there. His back was dry from the sun, and he was rolling his eyes at Peter's red face.

"Goode High wins by ten seconds!"

They all burst into cheers. I stared. I decided I could move to Goode if I was this hot dude's boyfriend. I ran up to Peter.

"Hey, babe. Sorry I lost."

"Don't call me babe anymore. We're done."

"What? Why?"

"I find the Goode kid much more hot and attractive."

"I hate him," Peter muttered before sulking away to a booing team.

I walked up to the Goode team.

"What's your captain's name?" I asked a boy who was to the left of the partying crowd.

"Percy Jackson. He broke every record there is in Goode, not to mention the hottest boy to ever walk the halls of Goode..."

I didn't hear the rest. Percy Jackson? Percy Jackson, the kid who I pushed into the lockers on one day? The kid who was scrawny and no family? I walked up to him.

"Hey, do you still remember me?"

"Yeah. Of course, I remember one of my abusers."

"Um, you're hot."

"You're a slut."

I stared at him.

"It's not my fault you were a power-seeking bitch the moment you were born. You're just some parasite that holds on to people who have power. I'm done with games. I'm smarter than you think. I hate you."

He shoved me into the wall and sneered, "Get a taste of your own medicine."

He walked away to the blonde and kissed her. She smiled up at him and shot me a glared before they all walked away. I decided to follow.

"Hey, are Sally and Paul living in your house, Perce?"

What do they mean, his house?

"Nah. They live in their apartment. They just came to stay at my place for the weekend while they were fixing up the kitchen."

"I still can't believe you bought that mansion."

"Duh, I did."

"You used the mist."

"Only a little. Those mortals don't even realize. I still work hard though."

What does he mean, mortals?

"Dude, Poseidon must be proud."

Poseidon? He's a Greek god! He's no longer in existence!

"Yeah, my dad loves it when I use the mist. Their puny mortal eyes can never beat the eyes of a demigod."

He's a demigod!

"He's a demigod..." I whispered.

They whipped around. Percy was advancing. 

"What. Are. You. Doing. Here."

"Following you."

"Well, you'll never know this happened."

He waved his hand and I felt a huge chunk of my memory missing. I knew that he was something special because he didn't bother to erase my memory at the moment when he waved his hand and I was drenched from head to toe. He walked into a huge mansion and closed the door, leaving me dumbfounded.

Percy's POV:

I sighed and I opened the door for my friends. They all went in and dressed up for the special day we had ahead of us. I hopped into the shower and smirked. I called upon my dad. Poseidon came in and looked at me with concern.

"Percy? Is there something wrong? Anything I can do for my favorite son?"

"Yes, a mortal who used to bully me named Nancy Bobofit, she found out that I'm a demigod. I managed to remove the part about it using the mist, but Nancy knows I'm special."

"I'll seek her and remove her memory of it. I'll ask Hecate."

"Okay, thanks, Dad."