Story 2, Chapter 1: Annabeth's Transfer

Annabeth's POV:

"No! I don't wanna have him as a boyfriend!" I screamed. 

I loved Percy, not Micheal.

"Annabeth Chase! He is rich, smart, and he has a good family! We could totally benefit from him!"

"He's a jerk! He's a pervert! He's nowhere near where I want to be!"

"Where do you wanna be then?"

"I want someone who is loyal and kind."

"He is!"

"No, he isn't!"

"Annabeth Chase! I am close to putting you in terrible punishment!"

"Fine, Helen, but I am not going to date him. I'm not his girlfriend. I'm not your pawn to use in a game anymore. I'm not your step-daughter. I am no longer Fredrick Chase's daughter. I disown myself from you. I am an orphan with enough money to board a plane and get to New York, where my heart lies in camp and my real boyfriend."

"You already have a boyfriend?"

"Yes. I do."

"Show him to me."

"Fine, as a goodbye."

I pulled up an iris message. It showed Percy in a mansion, waving to his parents who were coming out of the Prius. Paul was carrying a girl on his back who had dark brown hair and a toothy grin.

"Hey, Percy! Thanks for letting us stay for the months while our apartment is out for construction!"

"Hey, Paul! No worries."

"Percy, how do you manage? You're a senior, and you've already bought a house... no... a MANSION all to yourself! How?"

"Mom, I've learned to work hard for the things I want. I want to be happy, and I want you to be, too."

I cleared my throat and he jumped, almost dropping his phone.

"Oh, hey, Annabeth!"

"Hey, Percy. This is my...er...stepmom."

My step--Helen was gaping. I had to say, he was hot.

"Nice to meet you. I hope you're still not mean to her like your were when she was seven. I'll do anything for her, including whooping your ass."

"Uh, I'm not mean..." Helen said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Good seeing you, Seaweed Brain."

Helen gasped.

"Love you, Wise Girl."

I waved and wiped the message away.

"He is hotter than Micheal. He also is richer. He'll benefit us more!"

"No, he's not benefitting you. He's benefitting me. I disowned myself, remember?"

"But I--"

I was already gone. I ran to my room and packed all of the items until it was stripped bare. I grabbed a roll of money and my credit cards, then I ran from the house, grabbed a taxi, and I drove to the airport. I was going to see my lovely Seaweed Brain.

"Annabeth!" I heard a familiar voice.

I turned and saw Jason. He was running over.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm moving to New York. I miss Piper too much, and my mother is drinking too much whiskey and she's doing bad things. I don't wanna see that shit again."