Story 2, Chapter 8: Nightmares and Reunions

Annabeth's POV:

We were all jamming out when we noticed... three familiar ladies.

They looked at us and I gasped. It was Mrs. Dodds. Percy was driving and laughing. Mrs. Dodds and her sisters were following us. I was frantic.

"Perseus Jackson! Don't go to your house! The Kindly Ones are literally right behind us! Why are you laughing?!" I whisper-shouted into his ear.

"Annabeth, there is a monster barrier outside the house, remember? I'm not gonna let them in!" He grinned.

I slapped my forehead. Seaweed Brain. I relaxed and in the rearview mirror, I saw Mrs. Dodds look confused. I smirked. She'll never know what hit her. Percy was pulling into the driveway. As the front of the path, a whip lashed out and hit Percy in the head. I screamed. Thalia leaped forward and drove forward at full speed. The hot iron whip was still on Percy's head and he shrieked in pain as it was pulled off of his head. The Furies were staring at us in rage as we made it past the border.

I looked over to see Percy unconscious as Thalia drove up into the garage. Blood was dripping down his face. I reached to touch him but winced. I looked down. My arm had a metal whip mark from one of the other furies. Thalia had a whip mark on her back, but only slightly, as she had a shirt covering most of it. Jason carried Percy to the couch and I popped an ambrosia square into my mouth and I felt my wound close. I cautiously rubbed some nectar down Percy's throat and I saw his wound stop bleeding. I bandaged up his head and I saw his face relax a bit more.

I walked over to the pool and sat down on one of the chairs, sunbathing. I saw Percy's eyes snap open and I walked over to hug him. He sat up, then touched his head.

"Ow! Why do the fur--Kindly Ones have metal whips?!"

I laughed.

"What else would make them, 'The Kindly Ones'?"

Thalia came out in her black bathing suit and we laughed as she splashed us all while she jumped in.

"Guys! Come on! It's literally BURNING outside!"

I rolled my eyes and followed her. Percy slowly lowered himself and swam laps in the pool. I saw Katie's car pull up. She walked out, followed by the other Olympian friends Percy had. They all walked up to the door, and Jason answered it.

They walked over and saw Percy doing laps at lighting speed, and they stared, shocked. Percy popped his head up to the surface.

"Hello. What are you doing here?"

"Hi! How did the pranking go?"

"Great. The Stolls even got it on film!"

I laughed. Katie touched his head and he gave a small wince.

"What happened?"

"Nothing. I just hit my head on something sharp."

"Aw, man that sucks."

"Eh, I feel better in water."

Micheal jumped in the pool, wearing his trunks. Katie rolled her eyes and jumped in wearing her speedo. The others jumped in and began racing. When they were done, they joined us for chips and guacamole. We all sat and talked before the Olympians had to go run errands with their families. Percy jumped back in the pool and began a water war. Pretty soon, we were drenched from head to toe. Percy shrugged and tore off his bandage, despite my protests.

It was fully healed.

"H-how?"

"Wise Girl, you didn't forget that I'm a son of the sea, right?"

"Oh, yeah." I felt so stupid. 

I laughed as we watched the movie, Middle School, The Worst Years Of My Life. I munched on blue popcorn and my timer rang. We all groaned.

"Sorry, but it's bedtime. I have a condition to get 5 hours of sleep every day. We'll continue this tomorrow."

I rolled my eyes and kissed him before heading off to bed.

I was in a dim-lit room with my dagger ready. Percy was next to me, Riptide in his hands. I saw...

"A-Arachne?"

"Yes, Athena Spawn. I am going to get my revenge on that dumbass mother of yours and claim my title at last."

"B-but... you can't."

"Why can't I?"

"Because it's not right. I'll never join you. I'll stay with Mount Olympus for all eternity."

"Maybe not."

I looked and Percy wasn't at my side anymore. Arachne pulled up a screen and showed Percy gritting his teeth in pain. Huge wounds covered his body, burn marks littered his body. There were marks of pain poison and electrocution everywhere. Arachne was in the screen.

"Ready to perish, Fish Spawn?"

"If I die, I die in battle, not here."

He turned to me and mouthed the word, 'go'. He threw a packet of greek fire onto Arachne in a split second and I was running. I saw the fire spread and knives were thrown, and finally, silence. I crept up and saw a pile of dust where Arachne had been, but then I saw a dead Percy.

He was on the floor. His eyes were glassily staring at the ceiling, a dagger plunged in his chest. His body was covered in blood. On his hand, a message was burnt.

Nightmares are your nemesis' revenge.

I woke up, panting. I ran with all my strength to Percy's room and bolted in. I shut the door and leaped onto him. He awoke with a start. I began to cry and I hugged Percy's chest. He held me in a protective embrace. When I had stopped sobbing, he looked at me with concern.

"Wise Girl, what happened?"

"You died! You were gone! You died protecting me!"

"Wise Girl, I'll stay with you forever. Even if I didn't, I would still love you. You are my world Wise Girl. Without you, I have no purpose in living."

I felt my eyes tear up. I hugged him. 

"You are my everything, Percy. Without the ocean, there is no happiness in life. If I have you, I'll be okay."

We kissed. It felt sweeter than it normally did. It felt like cotton candy coated in sugar. I loved it. I fell asleep against his chest, cherishing the moment. I was grateful to Aphrodite for once.