Story 3, Chapter 21: Senior Prom

Percy's POV:

I ran to my computer and began to contact my seamstress. I began to design dresses and outfits. This was senior prom. We had to make it memorable.

Flashback...

"Okay, this is a very important event. We will be having Senior Prom this weekend. Be prepared, there will be no homework. Please find your memorable experience here running for the many king and queen roles. There will be many competitions, so be prepared! No homework this week!"

Flashback end...

I looked at the engagement ring I had gotten Annabeth. It was so beautiful... Just like she is. It had an owl and sea-green eyes. I put it back in my safe. It was too important. She'll find out soon enough...

I closed the laptop and sat back, closing my eyes

I closed the laptop and sat back, closing my eyes. This was going to be one memorable night.

Annabeth's POV:

Nothing better than cucumber slices over your eyes and a green mask when you're sitting in the nail room with your friends. Percy had decided to not tell us what our gowns would be like, but promised us that our nails would pair nicely. I sighed as the mask was washed off and I looked down and gasped at my nails.

They were white with iridescent powder on it. There were diamonds adorning my cuticle. I sighed. This was too good to be true. I looked over at the others.

Piper's had light pink on them with glitter hearts and a pink jewel on each finger. 

Thalia had silver nails with a moon in glitter on her ring fingers. 

Hazel had black nails with white glitter skulls on them with a silver crown. 

Calypso had light blue nails with dripping gray as if they were tears.

Clarisse had blood-red nails and her ring fingers had two swords clashing.

Katie had green nails with pretty flowers and gems.

Rachel had golden nails with little wisps of green, like the smoke she made when she recited a prophecy.

I shook my head. Why were my nails like a queen's?

I saw Percy in the doorway, smirking.

"Follow me. You'll have a... great time with your gowns..."

I raised an eyebrow, but I didn't question him. When I saw my gown, I fainted on the spot. I woke up and Percy was holding me, kissing my cheek gently. I moved so that he was kissing my lips, then I slapped him.

"WHY DID YOU BUY SUCH A GOWN FOR ME?! THIS IS FIT FOR A QUEEN!"

I saw mischief light up in his eyes and amusement sparkle.

"You'll see at the prom tonight... Check your... accessories..."

He walked away to go catch other fainting girls.