Story 3, Chapter 24: 3 Years Later...

Annabeth's POV:

I sighed as I watched the TV with all of my friends. We watched as Percy swam like lightning through the water. 

"THAT'S A NEW RECORD!"

We all cheered, high-fiving each other.

"How does it feel being the record being the best Olympic swimmer in history and the world?"

"It feels great. I still feel grateful to Micheal for taking me in and giving me a great life."

"You are the youngest person to receive seventy-five gold medals in history, not to mention the breaker of the record of medals. How old are you now?"

"I've been doing the Olympics for about three years, so now I'm 21."

"So young! Well, here's Percy Jackson everyone!"

When Percy came home, I enveloped him in a hug. He kissed my forehead and ran his hands through my curls. I traced his cheeks and we pulled away, going to celebrate.

"Percy, we've been engaged for a long time. When will we have a wedding?"

"When we finish college. It's ending soon. It's our last year. It's gonna be okay."

I nodded and kissed him again, enjoying the smell of the ocean. I walked to the couch, where we did a replay of what happened. I saw Percy laughing at how goofy he looked and I playfully punched his arm. Percy smirked and tickled me. I began to laugh and I eventually was left gasping for air. I held his face and pressed my forehead to his. Seaweed Brain and Wise Girl. Perfect.

Shirley's POV:

It's been three years. Last year of college, then in six years, we have our reunion. Great. I looked at my apartment. I was still single. No guy had taken an interest in me. The only person who stayed by my side was Patrick. I sat down in my armchair, looking at my sheet in interest. I was a scientist. Not a really good one, but I can make money...

I stared at my picture of Percy on my wall. I smiled at the cardboard cut-out I have of him and kissed it.(A/N: WEIRD!) I did my homework and stared at Percy's handsome face.

Shirley Jackson.

It has a nice ring to it.

(A/N: How about Annabeth Jackson, huh?)

I stared at the forty-fifth cardboard cut out of Annabeth. I punched it in the face before ripping its head off--(A/N: VIOLENCE! AHH!)--and crumpled it into the trash can. I growled and sat on my bed, staring at the ceiling. 

I will get you, Annabeth Chase. Just you wait... Just. You. Wait.

Thalia's POV:

I walked into the library, looking for Annabeth. She was reading with her round glasses, wearing a gray shirt with a loose white jacket, some stretchy jean shorts, and some white tennis shoes. Her nose was buried in a book, as usual. I rolled my eyes and sat down next to her.

"Hey, bookworm."

She jumped.

"Thalia! Don't scare me like that!"

I chuckled and hugged her. She took her reading glasses off and we walked out of the library to her silver Mercedes. We drove home, humming along with the music as the breeze blew at our hair. We pulled up to Percy's house and began to do our homework. This was a good year. Graduation was in a week, and we had to get prepared for it. Percy was hosting a HUGE party, and I did not intend to miss it. I went to my closet and looked at my purple graduation robe and hat. I smiled and went downstairs, where everyone was waiting to start the movie.

Shirley's POV:

I sat alone in my apartment. I was aware of music somewhere outside, coming from another house. I sat down in my chair, looking out the window. I danced and partied by myself in the apartment, enjoying the music.

Patrick's POV:

I watched from my window was Shirley danced and sang with her hairbrush. I chuckled. She was beautiful in a way I couldn't describe. I looked at the heart I had drawn with our names in it. I smiled. Shirley Belugas. Patrick Belugas. Mr. and Mrs. Belugas. Perfect. I sighed, thinking about Shirley's smile. Too bad she was obsessed with Percy to realize that I loved her.

Percy's POV:

When the party was over, I looked over to the yogurt shop we used to always go to when we were in high school. So many memories... I sighed, looking around. Annabeth ran up with tears in her eyes and a worried Thalia running up after her.

"Tartarus... you... died... killed... by... K-Kronos... Bob..."

"Sh, Annie, it's okay."

Thalia shot me an incredulous look and I rolled my eyes, rubbing little circles on Annabeth's back.

"I'm alive, you're out."

"Y-you died..."

"But I didn't. Bob fixed me."

Annabeth nodded, looking at the stars.

"Bob says hello."

I put an arm around her, nodding. Tears flooded my eyes, making my vision blurry, but I could see one star shining brightly.

"Bob says hello..." I echoed.

Annabeth buried her head in my chest and I felt a tear trickle down my cheek and fall into Annabeth's blonde princess curls. Four years since I've fallen into Tartarus and I still have PTSD. Annabeth was having a death grip on my hand and she looked into my sea-green orbs, eyes wide and pleading.

"Can I... Can I sleep with you tonight?"

"Annie, you can. You definitely can."

She sniffled and we walked back inside, sitting down on the couch, watching a movie. I watched as the man died in the woman's arms, and Annabeth was sobbing into my shirt. By now, I was dripping with tears. If Annabeth wasn't a daughter of Athena, I would've made her a daughter of Poseidon. She literally cried buckets. I smiled and stroked her hair, leaving her asleep in my arms.

She looked so peaceful in sleep. Her soft snores were so cute. I put her down in a bed, forgetting that I promised to sleep with her, but the moment I walked away, I heard a whisper.

"Percy..."

I turned around and pulled the covers over both of us as she wrapped her body around me. Like a koala, she was tangled on me. I laid my head down and let sleep come to me.