Story 3, Chapter 20: Grease Fires and Memories

Shirley's POV:

I glared at the beautiful Annabeth Chase in class. She was always looking at the board, then occasionally pecking Percy's cheek, which Percy would grin at. I should be the one pecking his cheek and kissing him. Not that blonde slut. Well, she doesn't dress inappropriately, but she is still worthy of a bad name. I. Hate. Her. Who does she think she is, coming in and stealing my future husband? I'm going to give her such embarrassment, she's going to leave school. Then, Percy will be mine!

I suppressed a yawn and raised my hand.

"Yes, Ms. Evans?"

"May I please go to the bathroom?"

"You may."

I walked outside and grabbed the protein powder to give her noisy bowels and farts. Ha! She'll be so embarrassed! I ran to the cafeteria, where Percy's friends all had their food made. I saw the cooks leave and I rubbed my hands together. This was going to be fun. I made my way to Annabeth's food and sprayed the powder onto it. I tiptoed away, but then I knocked over a bottle of propane. It caught on fire and I screamed. I ran to the nearest bathroom and cowered in there, hoping no one caught me. I felt the heat coming. I heart startled shouts and teachers ushering the students forward. 

I ran out of the stall, to find my teacher doing headcounts.

"We're missing Ms. Evans!"

"Here!" I yelled, running from the bathroom.

Percy was holding Annabeth close and they were both shuddering as if reliving a terrible memory. Annabeth opened her eyes and Percy was still shaking. She wrapped her arms around him and stroked his hair as he shook.

"Percy, it's okay. We don't have to drink fire anymore. We made it out of the pit. We made it out of hell."

YOU CAN'T DRINK FIRE!

Percy's eyes snapped open, seeming disoriented. He looked down at Annabeth, then to the fire, then they kissed. They seemed to be... crying.

"I...It's okay... They can't hurt us anymore..." Percy comforted her through the tears rolling down his face."

What the heck? Did I remind them of something tragic?

"T...The war is over. She's asleep...she...she...can't hurt us anymore... You won't have to sacrifice your blood anymore..." Annabeth whimpered into his chest.

Wait, they fought in WAR?!

"S...So many p-people d-dead..." Percy was shaking so hard, it was going to make me cry!

"I...I almost lost you... You b-barely made it o-out alive..." Annabeth sobbed.

Wait, Percy almost died?

"I...I needed to p-protect you... I would lose e-everything..." Percy was pale and shaking, holding Annabeth for dear life.

"B...But I would've l-lost you... You were so close t...to d-death... I--" Annabeth was breaking down.

"I...It's okay... Our friends...they may have died...but they wanted to save...us..."

THEY KNOW PEOPLE WHO HAVE DIED?!

"W...Why did you t...take the knife? W...Why couldn't y...you just l...let me d...die?" Annabeth was gasping between her sobs.

The whole entire school was watching their conversation now, and the teachers' mouths were in a perfect "O".

"I...I loved you too much... I couldn't let the knife...get...to...you..."

Wait, what?

"It's over...it's okay..." Annabeth sobbed and Percy's tears were rolling down his face. 

HE NEVER CRIES!

"T-They're dead for a reason... They died as h-heroes..."

Thalia and the rest of the friends sat down next to the crying pair and they began to shed tears.

"They...They're gone..." Thalia whispered.

"What? Who's gone?" Mrs. Fanner asked.

"Spoils of war...war..." Jason put his face in his hands.

"You fought in war?!" Mr. Goosta exclaimed.

"Almost...almost lost Percy..." Piper was melting down in Jason's embrace.

"Percy almost died?" Josh asked, confused.

"Dead..." Clarisse finally broke down.

The teachers were all staring at them and Percy stood up and looked at the fire, tearstains on his face.

"This...this is a grease fire... It'll be harder to put out..." He murmured.

"Percy, I believe in you. Imagine it's just a forest fire... It may be harder, but you can do it..." Thalia whispered.

Percy nodded, before concentrating... on himself.

Annabeth's POV:

I watched the fire. Damn, it Percy wants to put this thing out, it'll require a lot of energy... I'll catch him when he falls.

Shirley's POV:

I watched in awe as Percy sweated before water surged up behind him, and he sent it to the fire. We all stared in shock as he fell on the floor, gritting his teeth and continuing the blasts of water. The fire was still raging, fueled by the oil.

"Thal...Thals... Lower wind... with Jason..."

I watched as the two stood and held hands, and I felt the wind decreasing. How?

"L...Leo... will it burn you?"

"I'll try."

I watched as the beams of water kept coming, but Annabeth was holding Percy and crying as she watched the fire. What a wimp! When the fire was put out, Thalia, Jason, Leo, and Percy all collapsed on the floor. Their eyes were open and they were breathing heavily.

"We did it!" Percy let out a weak shout.

They stood up shakily and walked on over to their big group and Kya walked over to hug them as well. I watched it in awe. How?

"Uh, Mr. Jackson... how--"

"Shit," Percy cursed.

"What?"

"F*** it. The mortals saw."

"What do you mean mortals?"

"You will have no knowledge this ever happened.

I felt a huge chunk of my memory go away, all I saw were the sobbing teenagers talking about their memories. Percy took in a deep breath and stood up, dusting his hands off. The teachers groaned at the destruction. Percy waved his hands again, and I felt the world go black as I passed out.

Annabeth's POV:

I saw Percy put them all to sleep as they fell onto the floor. He used his water hand and the whole place was fixed. We all high-fived and the mortals woke up, unsure of what just happened. I smiled. Some things were better if they were forgotten.

Shirley's POV:

"Ms. Evans, why were you out in the cafeteria?"

Shit. I was found.

"There's...There's a bathroom here..."

"Why couldn't you just use the one inside?"

I needed an excuse.

"I...I needed fresh air."

The teacher gave up and gave me a five-page essay instead. I didn't mind. All I knew was that Annabeth Chase was not on my favorite list, but I felt guilty for making Percy so depressed...

A/N:

Hey guys, so I might just end this book at Story 3, but if you like it, please vote and comment. I'd like to see more feedback and see if you guys want me to continue. Also, follow me! I hope you will enjoy the other stories I put out there. Not just fanfiction!

XOXO

Lisa or YasQueennnnnnnnn