Story 1, Chapter 6: The Gods Pay A Visit

Percy's POV: 

I woke up to my alarm clock beeping. I groaned and stood up from the bed. I tossed on a white T-shirt and wore some loose jeans. I took a shower and combed my unruly hair back. I walked down to the kitchen and decided to be nice. I cooked them all breakfast. I made blueberry muffins, blue waffles, eggs, and bacon. I placed them all out on the table and poured orange juice. I sat down in my chair and I heard running.

Thalia.

Thalia took one look at me, shook her head, then came down.

"Are you sure no one has possessed you, Kelp Head?"

"No. I've just been more stressed lately and I need more time to finish up work so I can have fun tonight."

"Why tonight?"

"Tonight is Friday night, which is Movie Night." I said with a small smirk.

Thalia's eyes widened and she immediately dug into her food. Annabeth came down, looking everywhere.

"What are you looking for, Annabeth?" Thalia asked.

"More like, who. I was looking for Percy. Who made the food."

"Percy."

"Wait, what?!"

"Hi." I said, not looking up from the food.

I finished, plopped my dishes in the dishwasher, and sat down in the study. It was only 6:00, so I had an hour before school started. It had been a month and we were having our first quiz. I studied the flashcards over and over, and packed my glasses into my backpack. I filled out some forms while I had the time and at 6:55, I picked up all I needed and walked outside with my keys. I unlocked the car and sat down in the drivers seat.

A few minutes went by and they finally came out.

"Piper! I don't wanna wake up so early!" Jason whined.

"Volo ire ad lectum!(I want to go to bed!)" Jason groaned.

"Βούλωσέ το!(Shut up!)" Piper scolded in Greek.

I laughed and we drove to school, filling the streets with music. The old ladies were all grumbling about how they would never do that back in the day, but I ignored them. We reached Goode High and I hopped out of the car. I swung my backpack over my shoulder and greeted the many fist pumps that were thrown my way.

I watched all the girls swoon, but I immediately tuned out their flirty giggles and held my breath, trying not to gag on the stench of perfume. I packed my books in my locker and I lazily walked into the advisory space. I sat down and I almost dropped my coffee at who I saw.

"Good morning, advisees, your teachers all have a meeting today, so we will be filling in."

It was Hermes!

When no one was in ear shot, I hissed, "What are you doing?"

"The gods are all here to sub for the teachers today. They want to check up on you. Just pretend we're normal teachers."

I nodded. "That'll be so easy." My voice was dripping in sarcasm.

I sat down in the sofa chair and Annabeth sat on my lap, kissing me. I kissed back. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Hermes smiling and chuckling at the sight, Hailey red as a tomato, and my friends taking pictures of us. As we broke away, Hermes cleared his throat again.

"Mr. Jackson and Mrs. Jackson."

"WAIT WHAT?!" We all screamed.

Hermes was on the floor, laughing like a maniac.