Story 1, Chapter 1: Lifestyles Change

Annabeth Chase.

Demigod.

Daughter of Athena.

A Hero.

Her life changed in drastic ways after the war. She found a boyfriend. She found the true love of her life. She found a school. She found her friends. She had finally found the paradise she deserved when she was seven. Annabeth hadn't gotten a proper education, but she was the smartest person in the school. Annabeth had decided to move to New York to stay closer to camp and her boyfriend. All her friends had gathered at her house to fly over, as they were surprising Percy for his eighteenth birthday. 

"OMG! Annabeth! Percy is literally going to freak when you give him this!" Thalia squealed.

"Geez, Thalia. Never knew you could be this excited." Annabeth smiled at her friend.

Annabeth adorned the watch locket. She pressed the button and looked at their first kiss picture. She traced her finger on the engraving in the metal. 

Seaweed Brain and Wise Girl

Romantic? Right.

"Yo! Chase, come here! We're getting ready!"

"Okay, Clarisse, I'm coming." 

Annabeth walked over to where the others were sitting. First class was like a private room for them, but they didn't actually pay, as they used the mist to make the mortals do it. They each held out their gifts for Percy and smiled. She wanted to IM Percy so badly. She pulled out some water from her backpack and prayed to Iris. She blurred the background, so he couldn't see where she was. What she saw made her jaw drop.

It was a mansion. A freakin' MANSION. Sally and Paul were coming out of a moving truck with a stroller. 

"Wow, Percy. How did you buy this?" Sally asked, incredulous. 

"I won a competition and I work extra hours at my job. You deserve more than that apartment, Mom. You deserve a luxury life that I will provide for you. Paul, you've helped me get into a good high school. There's no way I can ever repay you."

"Percy... You've done enough by being my son. I have a feeling this was more than just money..."

"Yeah, I used the mist."

"Oh, I'm proud." Paul chuckled.

"Go check out the house! I'm sure baby Sarah will love this house."

"Perfy." She mumbled.

"Mom! She said her first word!" Percy called from the room.

Sally and Paul came in a little while later and Sarah repeated the first word she said while touching Percy's nose.

"Perfy." She cooed.

Percy picked her up and kissed her forehead. 

"I love you, Sarah."

Annabeth cleared her throat awkwardly, making Percy jump and almost drop Sarah. He gently put her down into her crib and turned to the mist.

"Hey, guys!"

"Hey, Percy! I miss you!" Annabeth said cheerily.

"Love you Wise Girl. How are the others doing?"

"We are great. We need to go, but before that, we need to speak to Paul and Sally privately."

"Okay..." Percy said.

Annabeth flashed them all a smile.

"Okay, so we're actually on a plane coming to visit Percy. We want to transfer to Goode High as a birthday surprise for him. We're on the plane as Percy's birthday is tomorrow, so we'll live in the hotel. I need you to play along until he finds out. School starts tomorrow, too, so I hope we can make this the best birthday ever!"