90. Moving Forward

It's me again God,

Looking back over this year so far, we have endured a drought, devastating bushfires that left us with terrible air pollution for months! This was followed by destructive storms with massive hail that caused flooding for parts of the land! We then started hearing more about Covid-19 and it wasn't long before everything was being shut down and our lives have never been the same! This virus has claimed so many lives around the world and has set us up for what is predicted to be a lengthy economic crisis! While we have experienced a flattening of the curve in the number of cases, we know that until a vaccine is available, it is still not entirely safe to be out and about.

We could live in fear for our lives thinking, what could be the next big thing around the corner? It would be easy to allow ourselves to get caught up thinking the worst and expecting that another catastrophe is imminent but that would not be a healthy way to live.

Thank You Father that Your Word directs our thoughts away from such negative thinking and offers us an alternative keeping us from becoming dismayed, no matter how many challenging circumstances arise in our lifetime:

"But now, this is what the Lord says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze."
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭43:1-2‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You that there is no reason for me to fear because I have been redeemed by Jesus' blood —You have called me by name!

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭41:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I do not need to fear because You are with me and You are my God! You strengthen, help and uphold me even through all these trying times. You bring a sense of peace to me even in the midst of trouble:

""I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.""
‭‭John‬ ‭16:33‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Peace is certainly something I can rejoice in today. Jesus has overcome sin and death by dying on the cross. He is an overcomer and because my life is hidden in Him, I too am an overcomer!

The way forward may not be clear but I am thankful for the guidelines You have given to help me:

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12:1-2‬ ‭NIV‬‬

In all situations, I will throw off everything that hinders me and keep my eyes on You Jesus. I am blessed beyond anything I can imagine, no matter what circumstances should be around the corner:

""Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:3-10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You for blessing me so mightily! I choose to keep my eyes on You, making time for You each day, knowing that I do not need to fear because You are with me. Thank You for the peace I have when I put my trust in You!

In Jesus' precious Name,
Amen.

AUTOR'S NOTE:

Thanks so much for joining me for these past few months as we have made time for God each day. I am finishing this book here but inviting you to join me in a new daily devotional that explores how much God's love impacts our lives on a daily basis. So watch out for my first chapter of "Love That Never Fails".
Praying you will be greatly blessed!
Helen Louise ❤️