15. Truth

It's me again God,

In a world that is full of information, truth has never been more important or more difficult to find! We can Google anything we want to, without even lifting a finger but there is still a need to be discerning in order to protect ourselves from lies! I am so thankful Lord that when I open Your Word, I come to the source of all truth and I can confidently share it with others!

As Paul wrote to Timothy, he was very firm in his instructions regarding the preaching of the Word:

"In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry."
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4:1-5‬ ‭NIV‬‬

We don't need to be in full time ministry to benefit from Paul's instructions here. Thank You Lord that I too can take part in proclaiming Your Word to the people around me. It's not a seasonal job but one that is ongoing throughout my life! Lead me to those I may need to correct, rebuke and encourage. Give me patience Lord and great discernment so I may pass on the truth to others diligently.

In a time where we can listen to and view a vast array of pastors preaching via the internet, it's important to be discerning. Lord it is easy to just listen to what sounds good, makes me happy and doesn't require any change in how I live. Guide me to truthful, accurate teachers who do not corrupt Your Word.

"...Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.""
‭‭John‬ ‭8:31-32‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I determine to hold to Your teachings Lord. I am so blessed to know the truth, Your Word of truth that sets me free!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.