88. You Meet Me

It's Me again God,

I love the story Jesus told of the prodigal son who decided to leave home, taking his inheritance, to live how he pleased.  After squandering all of his father's money he ends up having to work and gets a job feeding pigs! Not having enough to eat, he comes to his senses and decides to return home to his father, planning on asking for forgiveness and to be hired as a servant. However he was in for a big surprise!

"So he got up and went to his father. "But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him. "The son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.' "But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate."
‭‭Luke‬ ‭15:20-24‬ ‭NIV‬‬

This is such a beautiful picture that reminds me that no matter how much I have sinned or strayed away from You Father, You always want me! With compassion, You welcome me back with open arms and as soon as I begin to turn back to You, there You are, meeting me with joy!

In a sense because Jesus died for me on the cross, You meet me there at that place where love and grace was poured out for me. You remind me that all of my sins were forgiven —every single one of them and as you take me in Your arms, You listen as I admit I have sinned against You. Instead of telling me how disappointing my behaviour is, You point me to the empty cross. Jesus is not there —yes He died there, taking all of my sins but is risen and reigns on high! Thank You Jesus for taking every single one of my sins and bearing the punishment I deserved! Father, You take me in Your arms just as if I had never sinned and then You place on me the most wonderful robe:

"I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels."
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭61:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You Father for clothing me in garments of salvation and the robe of righteousness! This is not something that I could ever earn or deserve but through Your love and grace, it is mine! How precious You are to me! Thank You for all You have done and for welcoming me back whenever I stray.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.