45. Assurance

It's me again God,

I've read the morning news and woken up next to someone who has developed some virus symptoms overnight. How am I going to start my day? I'm going to put things in perspective, remember some truths, then just praise Jesus!

This old hymn we often sang at church will set the tone for my day. It reminds me of what my assurance is based on. Relying on the things I'm seeing and hearing could make me feel very uncertain and afraid about this day. However, my story will be very different today because I choose to base my thoughts on being thankful for all I have in Jesus!

Blessed assurance Jesus is mine
Oh what a foretaste of glory divine
Heir of salvation
Purchase of God
Filled with His goodness
Lost in His love

This is my story
This is my song
Praising my Saviour
All the day long.....

The upbeat melody of this hymn doesn't seem to match the day at all! It's a wet, gloomy day but the melody reminds me of how You turn things around so there are rays of sunshine even in our darkest moments.

Please help me to continue in faith this week, as I remember that Jesus died for me personally. Thank You that as I exercise my faith, assurance will follow:

"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see."
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Today I can rest securely knowing the source of my salvation:

"Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭62:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

This is surely something to sing about:

"Sing to the Lord, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭96:2‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Today I will remember that despite what is happening and the grim forecast splashed across the media, Jesus came so I could have life to the full!

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
‭‭John‬ ‭10:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Right now, I choose to receive all the fullness of this wonderful life that Jesus bought for me at the Cross!

In His Name,
Amen.