77. Plans to Give You Hope

It's me again God,

In the midst of worldwide turmoil, it is so good to know that I can come to You, the One who has a plan for my future, that will be beneficial to me in every way.  While the leaders of many countries make plans to eventually ease restrictions and slowly get things back to normal, their plans could be affected by any number of variables and appear flawed.  On the other hand, Your plans can always be trusted and are tailor made just for my individual needs!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭29:11-13‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Lord these verses are so special because they show me clearly that Your desire is always to give me hope and a future! You don't want me to stumble around in the dark wondering what to do next!  You want me to prosper and avoid coming to any harm.
Thank You so much that the invitation to come to You in prayer is always open!

So often I wonder whether those around me are really listening to me but here in Your Word, I am reminded that You are a God who listens! There is just one thing I must do and that is to seek You with all my heart, then I will be sure to find You!

This seeking You with all my heart would seem to be a given when I am praying and yet I think at times I can have a half hearted attitude as I attempt to come into Your Presence. My self-centredness can derail my time with You and the pull of the world can prevent me from moving to that deep place of fellowship. I am sorry for all the times I have come to You out of obligation or when I've asked You for things with a heart that didn't believe You could really change my situation.

As I come to You right now, I choose to give up trying to find my own solutions and answers to problems —it's exhausting and unnecessary, especially when I know that You can guide me in the right direction first time every time!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭3:5-6‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Although the future looks very uncertain and messy in my eyes, I know You are calling me and the rest of the world to just trust You. Today I am not going to rely on my own opinion or evaluation of the situation. I put my trust in You to lead me with every decision I make and with where I should go in the future —I do this with all of my heart and pray that the leaders of the world would do the same too!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.