51. Sunday

It's me again God,

I look to You first on this strange Sunday morning. I never would have imagined a time in my life when across our country and indeed the world, believers would not meet together in their churches! Surely this virus is from the enemy as he seeks to break the unity of Your people! However what the enemy meant for evil, You will use for good!

Social distancing makes it hard for people to even meet in small groups but I know that this strategy of the evil one will not succeed! Fragmenting the church and isolating people will only create a church that is ultimately stronger! Lord I think about the many occasions when persecution and difficulties came to the early church in the New Testament. They still found a way through and ended up growing instead of disappearing!

So on Your Day, we will meet together via live feeds so we can still worship You together and hear Your Word preached. Please help us all to leave aside the burdens that we have been carrying this week as we adjust to the new normal. More than ever, our  hearts need to turn to You:

"Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God."
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Help me Lord to continue living the way You intend for me to live. In these stressful times when my usual routines have been interrupted and the future looks so unclear, I know I need to remember I am Yours and live accordingly. Unity is still possible, even though we are not necessarily assembled in the one location.

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:12-14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Love will make a difference as we journey through this time of testing. It also makes a difference when we are driven by peace and thankfulness.

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:15-17‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Gratitude must override our tendency to complain during this disruption to our normal way of life. Please help me with this Lord.  I do want to continue to bring You honour and glory even as I serve You at home and join with other believers online in praise and worship today.

I pray that many more people who perhaps don't usually go to church, will find one of the many services on their devices today and will be touched by the words of truth they hear. I pray that eyes will be opened to the wonders of the gospel message. Prepare all hearts to receive today as we lift up Your Name that is above all Names!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.