5. Do Not Fear

It's me again God,

It's so good to come into Your Presence as soon as I wake because I can easily begin to be fearful about the day that is ahead of me. Thank You for Your Word that speaks to my situation so many years after it was first written:

"But now, this is what the Lord says—
he who created you, Jacob,
he who formed you, Israel: "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze."
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭43:1-2‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Lord, I need to remember who I am as Your child, before I set a foot out of my bed! I am Your creation, formed by You, I am called by You, I am redeemed, I am summoned by name, I belong to You, I am protected through all situations I will come up against today! I do not need to fear!

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.""
‭‭Joshua‬ ‭1:9‬ ‭NIV‬‬

There is no need for me to be afraid or discouraged as I consider what lies ahead of me in the coming hours. You are my God and You are with me wherever I go today! In You I will find strength and courage to serve, despite the circumstances.

"Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭23:4‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Lord I know that even in times that are like walking through a dark valley, You are with me right where I am. You are an incredible source of comfort and so I will not be fearful about any evil I perceive.

"The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?"
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭27:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Lord You truly are my light and salvation so I have nothing to fear! You provide a place where I am safe from the enemy's attacks. I will not be afraid!

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭41:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Your constant presence is so precious to me Lord. You are my personal God who strengthens and helps me. I am so thankful to remember that You will hold me up with Your right hand today! In fact You will actually take me by the hand and whisper to me:

"For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭41:13‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I receive all that You have for me today and am blessed by the incredible help that You will give me. Today is going to be so much better because I have stopped to listen to what You are saying to me —I am greatly blessed to be Your precious child!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.