39. The Lord's Prayer

It's me again God,

The world seems to be going crazy! How could one new virus cause people to turn on each other and fight over toilet paper in a supermarket? Even the very fact that people are panic buying grocery and medicinal items, leaving shelves bare for others is rather alarming and perpetuating a herd mentality! It's everyone for themselves and it's not a good look at all! Fear seems to be driving this behaviour but I know that fear doesn't stand a chance when I stand in Your love!

Maybe it's time to look at the what our approach should be to this world health crisis, that is, according to Your Word.

My first thoughts are to look at the Lord's Prayer because we surely need to put You first in all things. Looking at You puts things into perspective, even out of control viruses:

""This, then, is how you should pray: "'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

If only Your will could be done Lord, instead of the will of imperfect humans who are prone to worry, fear and selfishness!

Give us today our daily bread.

Thank You that I can trust You to provide my bread and everything else I need —there's no need for me to panic, even when the shelves are empty!

And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one."
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:9-13‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Lord forgive me when I have not acted in the way I should have or when my thoughts or words toward others have not been loving. May I seek to forgive those who wrong me, just as You forgive me. May I not hold grudges or have an attitude of entitlement where I feel that the whole world should revolve around me! Keep me far from being tempted to just follow the crowd. Help me to love others like You do.

In Your Name I pray,
Amen.