79. This is the Day

It's me again God,

"This is the day the LORD has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭118:24‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

With much of the usual life and activity of our city effectively on hold due to the pandemic, many people feel that one day rolls into the next and they can barely remember what day of the week it is! The interesting thing is that while it looks as though churches have also been put on pause because their doors have been closed for weeks now, Your church is operating like never before!  As I wake on Sunday morning, I am so thankful that I can join with so many others online to worship You and to hear Your Word preached. So it's business as usual —nothing has changed! The power of the Cross remains and Your work and witness continue!

"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1:13-14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Just a week from Resurrection Sunday and I'm so grateful that I have been rescued! Redemption and forgiveness are mine! Your light fills my world even in the darkness of illness and death brought about via this Coronavirus.

Thank You that at last after all of these years, we can really see and remember that the church is not a building! It is alive and flourishing as people meet in Your Name without many of the trimmings they have become used to. Our eyes are on You instead of beautiful buildings with stained glass windows. Perhaps without the distraction of actually physically being in a room filled with people, it is easier to see Jesus —the head of the church!

"And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation—"
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1:18-22‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Lord this is so amazing that at this time in history, we would have an even greater opportunity to see Jesus and receive the peace that is ours by His blood shed on the Cross. The enemy probably thought this virus would stop people worshipping You but instead many more are bowing their knees!

"And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it."
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭16:18‬ ‭NIV‬‬

We are living at a very unique time with so many church services going live on Facebook or YouTube today, making it easier than ever before to hear the Good News! I pray that many hearts would be open, to hear and receive it today:

"To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ."
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1:27-28‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Bless all the pastors who are preaching Your Word faithfully today so that many might have access to knowing Jesus. I pray that your church would be strengthened —each person growing to become perfect in their relationship with You. Prepare us for what You have planned for Your church to look like after all of this is over. Whatever You are doing, it's not for our glory but Yours alone.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭3:20-21‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Amen.