61. Priorities and Focus

It's me again God,

In the current world crisis, it's easy to see how many who don't know You might be filled with fear about the future! Despite the physical and economic hardship which could even go on for some time after the pandemic passes, I can be sure that You love me and care about what happens to me:

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father's care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭10:29-31‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Furthermore, I am sure that You will bring good from this whole situation. Many of us have been far too sure of ourselves with all that we have. Perhaps we have felt too comfortable with our possessions and the wealth we have amassed. Perhaps You need to get us to look at what we really treasure the most!

""Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:19-21‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You for this opportunity to examine my priorities. Please keep speaking to me from Your Word today. I do want my treasure to only be in heaven, then I would be fulfilling Your commandments:

"Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.""
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭22:37-40‬ ‭NIV‬‬

In this time when everything is being stripped away and feels so uncertain, I feel as if at last I might be able to put all my focus on You and others. Please help me with this today.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.