19. Light in the Darkness

It's me again God,

The busy Christmas season is well and truly upon us and as each day passes, I need to keep reminding myself that it's all about You and Your great love for us all! I can be so distracted by the urgent need to purchase gifts and prepare food for family and friends, that honouring Jesus, the greatest gift of all time, has to be squeezed into my schedule!

Thank You Lord for this precious time with You right now, to reflect on the peace that Jesus brought, amidst the chaos of this world:

"In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."
‭‭John‬ ‭1:4-5‬ ‭NIV‬‬

The light Jesus brought into the world was for everyone! In that one small baby, born in Bethlehem, there was life that would be transferred to all who believe in Him! He truly was and still is the light in the darkness!

One of my favourite parts of Christmas is looking at all the homes and trees in the neighbourhood, brightly lit with thousands of lights. They are not very noticeable until it is dark and it just occurred to me that the world Jesus came into was indeed so terribly dark as man's sinfulness was out of control! His light shone in the darkness and there was no way that the darkness could win!

It is such a wow moment whenever we first flick the switch and see the tree or house lit up with Christmas lights and the wow moment is there too, whenever someone who was walking in darkness, receives Jesus as their Lord and Saviour:

"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light"
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭5:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I am so thankful to be Your child —a child of light! I am determined to continue to live as the child of light You have made me! Father, as You look down from Heaven during this Christmas season, you must see all Your children who are lighting up various places throughout the world! What a wonderful sight that must be!

"For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God's glory displayed in the face of Christ."
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭4:6‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Lord help me to remember that because Your light is in me, I must shine it to all around me so they too will come to know You and become light! I bring before You right now those who I know, need to be filled with Your light .........................................

""You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:14-16‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I am so blessed! Today I choose to be Your light wherever I go!

""Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you."
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭60:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.