62. The Great I AM

It's me again God,

As life continues at a much slower pace for many, I wonder have we actually taken time to be still and know You? A few weeks ago as I read Psalm 46, I realised how important this was but perhaps over the next few days, I need to take time to really focus on Your many attributes and what Your Word tells me about who You are.

"He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.""
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭46:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Today I am reminded that You are Jehovah. You are the independent, self-complete One:

"God said to Moses, " I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ' I am has sent me to you.'""
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭3:14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Jehovah, may my response to You, be one of awe as You truly are the One who possesses all authority.  This gives me great confidence at this time of uncertainty. It reminds me that ultimately You are in control, despite what I see going on around me in the world.

How blessed we are in Australia to have a Prime Minister who acknowledges You for the great God You are, who knows You as the great 'I AM', encourages us all to pray and goes to You himself in prayer. I join Him as He prays for our country and indeed the whole world:

"Heavenly Father, we just commit our nation to You in this terrible time of great need and suffering of so many people.... And we do this also for the entire world —in places far from this country there are people suffering even more, going through tremendous hardship, crying out....

"Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins – that's a prophecy over our country, I believe —and will raise up the age-old foundations.  You will be called repairer of broken walls... I pray that we will be a restorer of streets, with people in them, businesses open again,  Australians going about their lives again, returning to their jobs, returning to their livelihoods, returning to normal times in our schools so children can learn and that we can get to the other side of this.

"I pray that you'll keep the national cabinet strong and united, and we may be able to face each day and each challenge with unity and purpose."

I thank You Lord for this glimpse into the prayer of our leader and his heart to serve You:

"As a prime minister I have to take my decisions based on very strong advice and exercise the best judgment I can..... my faith gives me an enormous encouragement in how I can make those decisions and try and do that in the best way I can." (Scott Morrison)

Lord I pray that You would keep our Prime Minister strong. May his body remain well and his mind focused in these stressful times. Please protect him from the enemy as he takes a stand for You before our nation and indeed the world.

Help me today to take my stand and acknowledge You as Jehovah in all I do today.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.