6. Great Love

It's me again God,

There are lots of things I don't understand in this life but one thing that surprises me again and again, is the depth of Your love for me! Even in those times when I am distracted and pulled away by the cares of day to day life, You are there loving me! You have always loved me, even before I first loved You!

"The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness."
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31:3‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You for Your love and kindness Lord! You were the One who reached out to me because You have always loved me! It's so hard to grasp just how much You love me and even David pondered about this:

"Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭36:5‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Although You show me the magnitude of Your love again and again, sometimes I have trouble seeing it. All sorts of difficult circumstances and resulting feelings get in the way. This is why I am so thankful to be able to read Your Word and focus on the facts of Your love for me today.

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You for loving me even while I was still turned away from You, living my life my own way. You showed greater love than anyone has ever shown for me, in sending Jesus to die in my place:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
‭‭John‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Your incredible love came wrapped in the most wonderful gift the world has seen —Jesus! Thank You so much that through Your Son, I have become Your child:

"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!"
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:1‬ a NIV‬‬

You have lovingly provided all that I need and more —constantly lavishing me with a Your love:

"He brought me to the banqueting house, And his banner over me was love."
‭‭Song of Solomon‬ ‭2:4‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Your love has such an amazing effect on me! Somehow, despite everything going on around me, when I just come into Your Presence, even for a few moments, You quieten my racing mind and soften my heart with Your love.

"The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.""
‭‭Zephaniah‬ ‭3:17‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

This is such a precious verse Lord! Not only are You my ever present Saviour but You find joy and pleasure in me! That's hard to imagine when I think of how I live at times but I am so thankful that You see me as cleansed and righteous through the blood of Jesus! Just remembering this quietens all my 'buts' and 'what ifs'! I am loved —nothing can change that!

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:38-39‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You for reminding me right now that nothing can ever separate me from Your love! Help me to hold onto this glorious fact that I am in the most secure place and nothing that happens today will change this! Despite any concern that is on my heart right now, I choose to take hold of Your promises to me:

"Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭23:6‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You that I am so secure in Your love! Accept my heart of praise Lord —

"Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭63:3‬ ‭NIV‬‬

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.