21. Prepared

It's me again God,

Thank You for this new morning and the precious promise that You are with me as I enter into the day ahead. I am so blessed to have had Your presence with me even in the night while I slept and for the hour when I lay awake! It was so good to remember Your Word and send the enemy packing when I felt I was under attack. Knowing that Jesus has already won the victory through His death and resurrection, is so good but I need to wear my spiritual armour so I am ready at all times.

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6:10-13‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I used to think I needed to put my armour on when I got up each morning but I think I need to leave it on day and night, especially when I have been outspoken, telling people about You! Thank You that I could stand my ground because You prepared me! No spiritual forces of evil will be able to touch me as I stand firm:

"Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6:14-18‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Recalling Your truth is so important, that it is likened to the belt that holds all the armour in place. The enemy is such a liar and can try to twist the truth and have me worrying about ridiculous things! Thank You that I know the truth of the gospel! He can't accuse me of saying or doing the wrong thing because I am covered by Jesus' righteousness and that brings me great peace! This makes me ready for anything!

When those flaming arrows were flying at me, I could extinguish them with the shield of faith which protected me. They may have seemed relentless but my faith in You kept me safe. My salvation through Jesus protected my head when so many ridiculous thoughts seemed to be coming, one after the other! Knowing I am covered by the blood of Jesus was a real help! Salvation is mine in His Name!

Thank You that I can fight back with Your Word and by singing songs which speak of the victory I have in You:

Through our God we shall do valiantly
It is He who will tread down our enemies
We'll sing and shout His victory
Christ is King!
Christ is King! Christ is King!

For God has won the victory
And set His people free
His word has slain the enemy
The earth shall stand and see that
(Dale Garret 1976)

I finally fell asleep praying to You and bringing various people before You. Prayer is clearly such a powerful weapon against the enemy! I am so thankful that as I get out of bed now, You are with me and You will help me as I begin this new day. My armour is on and I am ready!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.