2. Seeing You

It's me again God,

As I opened the curtains this morning, I was confronted by a very unclear view. Smoke from bushfires that have been burning for days, has settled over our suburb, making it difficult to see! As I gazed out at the distant view, I was prompted to ponder about seeing You. Just as I can't see Your creation clearly at the moment, I feel like there are times when I can't see You!

There is a longing deep inside of me to be able to see You clearly and yet it's not that You have changed. I am aware that my choices are often contrary to how You would have me live. Their presence clouds my view of You, just like the smoke particles in the air from the bushfires!

I am so thankful that Jesus came to die for all of my sins so all I need to do is come and confess my sins:

"This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us."
‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:5-10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I am so thankful to be pure in Your eyes Father! Jesus' blood has covered every one of my sins, so these words that Jesus spoke in the Beatitudes, are so true:

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God."
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I could never be pure in heart without You Jesus! Thank You so much for the sacrifice You made on my behalf. Because of Your faithfulness, I can see and experience You now!

"No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us."
‭‭1 John‬ ‭4:12‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Surely one of the signs of purity is to be able to love one another. It's easy to love some people but with You living in me, I can love anyone! When I allow Your love to be made complete in me, I see You! This is surely Your ideal for all people, then we would live in peace:

"Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord."
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12:14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Lord I just want to take some time to let these verses sink in........... and to consider if there is anything in my life that is causing me to sin .......... I don't want to hang on to any old ways for I am a new creation!

I realise I am so blessed to be able to see You now. May the wind of Your Holy Spirit, blow away all that hinders and causes my view of You to be shrouded. I want to be able to see You clearly. I want others to see You in me because that day is fast approaching when Jesus will return:

""Look, he is coming with the clouds," and "every eye will see him, even those who pierced him"; and all peoples on earth "will mourn because of him." So shall it be! Amen."
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭1:7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Bless me today as I remember that I am Your child and You live in me by Your Spirit. Already I can see You more clearly after spending this time with You. Thank You for meeting with me! My eyes are on You and my ears are ready to listen to Your voice throughout this day.

I will live it for Your Glory,
Amen.