81. Be Strong and Courageous

It's me again God,

A new day begins and I don't know what it will bring but as long as I have You and Your Word, I know I can carry on with the journey before me. For many, the way ahead is very hard indeed, as many professions have had to change the way they do things but it is especially difficult for those who are serving 'on the front line' in hospitals all over the world at this time of Coronavirus. Lord bless them today as they must be tired and perhaps even afraid. Give them strength and courage to carry on.

You have given us all ways to serve You so please bless us as we move ahead. Bless the leaders of every country in the world as they try their best to navigate each hurdle and bring their people safely through this challenging period of history.

Many are looking with horror, at the economic hardship that will face our society for many years to come. I imagine that being a leader at this time would be exhausting and very stressful! I am reminded of the difficult task that Joshua faced as he took over as leader of Your people after Moses died. You had very precise advice for him that we can all take on board as we look to move forward into another day:

""Moses my servant is dead. Now then, you and all these people, get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give to them—to the Israelites. I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the great river, the Euphrates—all the Hittite country—to the Mediterranean Sea in the west. No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them.

"Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.""
‭‭Joshua‬ ‭1:2-9‬ ‭NIV‬‬

How encouraging it is to know, that as You promised Joshua, we too can be sure that You will 'never leave us or forsake us'! For this reason, we can certainly be strong and courageous!

As You encouraged Joshua to be obedient, we too need to trust and obey. We need to know what Your Word says and even commit it to memory, keeping it 'always on our lips'. Perhaps right now, we need to spend even more time than usual reading it, meditating on it day and night! Help me to get into a good pattern of starting and ending the day with Your Word.

Bless all Your children as they endeavour to be strong and courageous in whatever You have called them to at this time. May peace dwell in our hearts as we remember that You are quietly saying 'I will be with you wherever you go'.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.