30. My Stronghold in Times of Trouble

It's me again God,

Times of crisis always come as a shock to me but I am so glad that these events don't surprise You! Often it's these very times that draw me closer to You as I realise again my total dependence on You! The enemy would have me tied up in knots, worrying about things but when I turn to You, everything changes!

"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭55:22‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You that in Jesus, I am righteous —all of my sins have been forgiven by the shedding of His blood! So much is available to me but I need to choose to let go of all my cares, casting them onto You. Thank You for reminding me that I can take every one of my problems and send them off to You, just as if I am letting go of balloons that are flying up to heaven! Once I let go, they are no longer mine!

Thank You for wanting to give me all I need for the situations I face. In grace, You are gently reaching out to me saying:

""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:7-8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You for caring about me and for the promises I read in Your Word that bring great comfort in whatever situation I find myself today:

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭41:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You for the strength that is coming my way right now as I hand everything over to You!

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:6-7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You for Your incredible peace, even in the midst of difficulty!

"Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭23:4‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I am reminded that there will be valleys I need to walk through in my life —places I would much rather avoid altogether but they are part of my journey and I can choose to be afraid or just reach out to You for comfort.

"The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭9:9‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I am truly blessed because of all the resources that are available to me! Please help me to trust in You as I lay all my burdens down.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭15:13‬ ‭NIV‬‬

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.