67. Worthy

It's me again God,

For most of us, our world has become much smaller in recent weeks. There are so many things that just are not safe anymore. It's easier to list what we can do rather than what we can't! These are such strange times! A small minority are still going to work but most are out of work or working from home. One day seems to run into another and for many who live alone, it could seem that they have nothing to live for.

How blessed I am to know You Lord! You are there in all my quiet hours, gently speaking to me.  All of the distractions in life are being stripped away so I see You more clearly than ever before! There is only You Lord. You are worthy of all my attention, all my praise! I have something to live for today!

"Great is the Lord, and most worthy of praise, in the city of our God, his holy mountain."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭48:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Worthy of every song we could ever sing
Worthy of all the praise we could ever bring
Worthy of every breath we could ever breathe
We live for You....

It's very special to consider that Jesus, knew what it was like to have to give up everything that was familiar. He left His Heavenly home to come here and be crucified on a cross! But the story didn't end there:

"Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:9-11‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Jesus, the Name above every other name
Jesus, the only One who could ever save
Worthy of every breath we could ever breathe
We live for You
Oh, we live for You

Holy, there is no one like You
There is none beside You
Open up my eyes in wonder
And show me who You are
And fill me with Your heart
And lead me in Your love to those around me

I really want to know You more deeply Lord. Please show me whoYou are in a new way today. Let me also be inspired to connect with others in new ways, that will bring glory to Your Name.

And I will build my life upon Your love
It is a firm foundation
I will put my trust in You alone
And I will not be shaken
I will build my life upon Your love
It is a firm foundation
I will put my trust in You alone
And I will not be shaken
(Brett Younker / Karl Andrew Martin / Kirby Kaple / Matt Redman / Pat Barrett)

"By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ."
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭3:10-11‬ ‭NIV‬‬

No I won't be shaken — not even by all the changes Covid-19 has brought because my life is built on You —You are my firm foundation!  I have everything to live for! I will trust You completely.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭3:5-6‬ ‭NIV‬‬

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.