9. Strength

It's me again God,

Life can be so tiring, but I'm so glad I can start my day with You! Mighty God, I am bringing all that has made me weary, and am laying it down before You. I am so encouraged by the fact that You never tire or become weary, despite having to care for us all!

"Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:28-31‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Not only do You have an unlimited supply of energy, You also have unfathomable understanding! This is really comforting as I come before You today needing someone to understand how I feel and while people around me can try to imagine what I'm dealing with, only You really understand. More than that, Your Word clearly tells me in this passage that You give strength to the weary and specifically increase the power of the weak! This is the most amazing thing to be reading today!

Lord I humbly come and ask that You renew my strength right now for I trust in Your Word —all my hope is in You! This image of the eagle is so beautiful! I have watched eagles fly and they certainly are different to many other birds —they don't flap around a lot but instead, spread their strong wings out to catch the thermals and simply soar!

Lord I ask that You lift me up on the thermals of Your love. Let me soar today without feeling the need to flap around trying to do things my own way. I truly believe I will notice a difference when I just trust You for the strength I need in every situation that presents itself today.

Help me Lord as I admit I have the tendency to want to be in control and analyse things as I go along. My limited understanding concludes that if I'm already feeling tired at the start of the day, things will only go downhill from here! However, You make it very clear that when my hope is in You, miraculously, my strength will actually increase! Like an eagle, I will cover vast distances and not be weary!

My testimony today will be incredible, for I trust You to turn everything around! I am expecting it! I just want to serve You well today and bring You all the glory!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.