82. Enlightened

It's me again God,

We all spend our lives hoping about various things.  At the moment, at the top of our list of hopes would be hoping our families stay well. We might hope we won't lose our job and we hope we will cope financially with the expected economic downturn as a result of the pandemic. We hope for a vaccine, hope for restrictions to be lifted, we hope we can reconnect with family and friends again soon, we hope we can go on holidays again, we hope that everything will go back to how it was and we hope this sort of worldwide event never happens again!

Somehow, we would love to just see into the weeks and months ahead to know what life would look like! However, as believers, despite the difficult circumstances and question marks over our future, its so good to know that Your Word tells us that we can have great hope —a great enlightening revelation indeed!

In his letter to the church at Ephesus, Paul doesn't pray about the every day hopes they might have had but looks to a deeper hope that You have called us all to:

"I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭1:18-23‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You so much for all that we have because of Jesus! We really need to be enlightened or spiritually aware and I can't think of anything in my life that compares to the secure and enduring hope of knowing that You have called me to be Your child and that You have a specific calling for me to fulfill. Thank You so much for this Lord and continue to reveal this marvellous hope to me in deeper ways.

I am so blessed that I can have great hope for the future because despite the outcome of this pandemic and its effect on my bank balance here on earth, there is an amazing glorious inheritance of eternal life awaiting me!

Paul's prayer points me to the wonderful truth that You invest riches of love, riches of wisdom and riches of glory in me! These all add up to a rich inheritance in Your holy people. Thank You so much for all that You have done to make this a reality for me.

This prayer also reminds me that a great deal of power is available to me and yet often I tend to forget this! Help me to remember today that the power that raised Jesus from the dead is available to me right now! So the concerns I have regarding the pandemic or anything else, are more than able to be handled by You. I bring all my fears and lay them at your feet —I will go into this day filled with hope!

Thank You for enlightening me in this time together,
Amen.