Chapter fifty.

*COMMENT WHILE YOU READ PLS AND THANKU*

Finally, I'm finally allowed in to see Luke after 5 agonising hours of waiting. Beau and James had already been in the room a couple of times, but they didn't think it was a good idea for me to see him until he had woken up. I held onto Beaus hand tightly as he walked me to the room.

"Chelsea" luke half smiled.

"Hi baby" I smiled, pulling down the sleeves of Jais jumper he let be borrow. We didn't think it was a good idea for Luke to see my arms right now.

"Are you okay?! Did it hit you?" He said, quickly.

"No, no I'm okay" I smiled, beau looked over at me and gave me 'the look'. He knew I wasn't okay.

"Are you sure?" Luke asked again, I could tell he was stressed.

"Luke I'm fine, it should be me asking you if you're okay. How do you feel?" I then asked.

"I'm fine now knowing that you're okay"

Luke was more focused on me than himself, he didn't care about his injuries. He only cared about any injuries I may have received, but didn't because of him.

"You saved me from getting hit by that car" I said, sitting down on the chair next to him.

"I'd rather it be me than you" he smiled.

I felt like this was wrong, everything was so wrong. Luke shouldn't feel like his life is less important than mine, he shouldn't think he had to risk his own life to save me. In all honesty I think I would of preferred to be hit by the car.
Lukes stomach took a lot of the impact, his whole torso is bruised and cut, it may not sound serious but when the car hit him, his lungs couldn't get any air and he became unconscious.

Luke patted the bed next to him, signalling for me to sit down next to him. So I did. He hissed in pain as I sat down.

"Sorry" I said instantly.

"It's fine" he smiled, as he rested his hand on my thigh.

I leant up towards me, and kissed me like my lips were air and he couldn't breathe.

"Have you been here all night?" Luke asked.

I paused, then nodded my head. Now wasn't the time to talk about what I've done, I don't matter right now.

After being with luke for over an hour, he drifted to sleep. His hand still on my leg. I looked down at him, his eyes shut but slightly moving underneath. He was physically hurting, and God I wish it was me. Luke is the best thing to ever happen to me, and seeing him in pain hurts like hell.

...

Visiting hours were now over and we were told luke could be discharged tomorrow afternoon. The boys are only 1/4 of the way through there tour and figuring out what to do from here is rather difficult. Luke will be on crutches for a week or so, and will be unable to move quickly on stage. Ronnie has been planning out the weeks ahead of us, and what we plan on doing.

Once we were back on the bus that we will be travelling to each UK City date on, I went straight to bed. The only place that ever felt like home was in Lukes arms and man I wish he was here.

"Chelsea?" I heard someone whisper.

I opened the curtain covering my bed and saw James stood there with a half smile on his face.

"Want to go for a walk?" He asked.

I nodded, even though I was in bed there was no way I would be sleeping.

As james and I walked, our conversation got deeper and deeper. We discussed luke, then we spoke about james and how he was feeling and then the spotlight was turned on me. I don't like talking about my feelings to people, I don't want to be a burden.

"Why do you hurt yourself chels?" James asked.

I was taken back by his question, I didn't really know what to say.

"I destroy myself so no one else can I guess"

"But it's slowly going to kill you?" James then said.

"Everything that kills me makes me feel so alive, and god I love it. Day to day I feel numb, numb to the pain of being me and when I destroy myself I finally feel alive. I may have a beating heart but am I really living?"

"You may not feel alive, but you're still a human with a beating heart. Keeping many other humans alive too" he said.

"Humans are just creatures made of of broken hearts and broken promises"

•••

*next day*

Luke is coming out of hospital today, and I'm nervous. He still doesn't know about my arms, my breakdown. I can't keep it hidden forever but right now I wish i could.
Beau got in a taxi and went to pick luke up, I decided to stay here and think about how to approach the situation. I didn't want to go straight in and tell him, but I also didn't want to sugar coat it. He needs to know, and he needs to hear it from me. About 20 minutes later I heard a car door shut and the bus door open. Luke greeted me with a huge smile as he slowly made his way over to me.

"Hi baby" he smiled.

"Hey you" I said, putting my head on his chest and hugging him tightly.

All the other boys thought they would get one last look at the city before we leave tonight. Luke and I stayed on the bus so we could talk.

"So, how're you feeling?" I asked.

"Yeah the pain has sort of gone away" he smiled.

"I'm glad" I smiled back.

"But how're you?" He then asked.

"I need to tell you something, but you have to promise not to flip out on me"

He nodded his head and I began talking, I told him about what happened the night he was hit. The happiness drained from his face and his eyes became heavy.

"I'm sorry" he sighed.

"Don't" I said, holding back tears.

"Please, when we get back to america promise me you'll go to a doctor?"

I nodded, and he pulled me close to him.

"You're like home" I said softly.

"What?" He asked.

"You're like home, you're the only place that makes me feel safe and comfortable. You're more of a home than anything. You're my favourite place"

"Can I tell you something?" Luke asked.

I nodded my head.

"When I first saw you, I knew I wanted to fuck you till you screamed, but also I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you and protect you from anything that may harm you, even if it is yourself, and I want to give you everything because you deserve the whole god damn world and more" luke said, shouting near the end.

"I love you more than anything in this whole world" I said, smiling like an idiot.

"and I love you too" he smiled back at me.

_______________________________

Hey hey, sorry it's been so long!!!

Everything has been a bit shit recently, I have school and so much stuff to be working on before my exams next year!! I'm going to hopefully update a few more times before Christmas because I won't have time to update in January.

I hope you like this chapter🌚

ily guys.
-stevie