chapter fourteen

I've been sat in this waiting room for what feels like forever, I'm sick of seeing this stupid room and being in the place. Claire was asleep across two chairs and my mum and the rest of the boys went home too sleep. Apart from James who hasn't left my side. No wonder he's my best friend.

Doctors walked back and fourth to Chelsea's room all night, some with clipboards and some with injections or pills. They told us that the only way they can treat her properly is if they know what she took, but none of is do. The packet didn't have the name of the pills on it as I sent Beau back to check. All they can do now is wait for her to wake up and maybe she'll tell them.

We waited.

and waited

and waited.

and at around 3pm 2 days later, Chelsea woke up. None of her were with her when she woke but doctors told us as soon as she did. Claire went in first and they didn't really speak, what was there too say? After they 'spoke' Claire finally went home for some rest and i decided to go and see Chels.

I slowly walked into the room she was in, she still looked pale as anything.

"Hi" I said, sort of half smiling.

She looked up at me, no emotion on her face. The sparkle in her eyes was gone.

Before I could say anything else a doctor came in and interrupted.

"Chelsea? Please can you tell us what you took? We need to know so we can help you" the women said slowly.

She didn't say a word or move a muscle.

"Chels babe? It'll be better if you tell them what you took" I sighed.

"Sleeping pills" she said softly, her voice croaky.

"No no no, it wasn't just any sleeping pill Chelsea we already know that" the doctor said, staring at Chelsea.

"Double dose pills" she sighed.

"Did it say how many you're supposed to take on the packet?"

"It said take one every 5 or 6 hours and if more are consumed seek medical help" I butted in.

The doctor nodded and scribbled things down on her clipboard and then left the room again.

Chelsea stared down trying to avoid eye contact but sooner or later she's going to have to face the truth and tell us what exactly happened and I'd much prefer it to be sooner than later.

I opened my mouth to speak but before I could Chelsea spoke.

"Don't ask luke" she knew exactly what I was going to ask.

"You need to talk to me" I said standing up and walking closer to her.

"I need time" she sighed.

"Chelsea I know but please you need to tell me exactly what happened" I could feel myself getting angry but I didn't want to upset her even more.

"I will luke, but not just now" she said, fiddling with her fingers, that's how you can tell she's scared or anxious.

"But when? I've been worried sick for what feels like forever" I slightly shouted.

"I'm sorry" she said, tears appearing in her eyes.

I was getting more and more angry, but I don't know who at. I didn't know if it was myself or if it was at Chelsea.

Chelsea sat up from her bed and tried to get out of it.

"Stay in bed chels" I said bluntly.

"I want something to drink" she said quietly.