Chapter forty four

*COMMENT WHILE YOU READ AND READ AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END!!!!!*

I've been staying at the centre for a few days. just so they know both the baby and I are safe and well. I'm nearly 3 months pregnant, but you would never be able to tell because of the size of me. I just looked like I'd put on the tiniest bit of weight. No one would ever suspect I was pregnant without already knowing. Luke and Beau decided to tell all the boys about my pregnancy, which I didn't really mind.

••••

The boys have been visiting me on a daily basis, which I really like. I hate being alone here.

"Uncle Daniel sounds good doesn't it?" Skip smiled.

I nodded my head and smiled, i was so happy that the boys were excited about this. I may still be young, but I grew up a long time ago. I think I'll do okay at this whole baby thing.

"I'm excited" luke smiled.

"Me too" I smiled back, it was half true. I was so excited, yet so very scared.

"Have you told mum?" Beau asked luke.

"Shit" he mumbled, and stood up.

He took his phone from his pocket and left the room, the anxiety was eating me up inside. What if Gina didn't approve?

"Chelsea?" A doctor knocked at my door.

"Mhm?"

"You have an ultrasound scan in 10 minutes" she smiled.

I nodded and sat up, I put some shoes on and told the boys I'd be back shortly. I walked out the room and luke was still on the phone to his mum.

"Is she okay?" I mouthed over to him.

He nodded and smiled, I sighed with relief. I waited for luke to come off the phone and we walked hand in hand to the ultrasound room in the centre.

"Take a seat" the nurse smiled.

I smiled and sat back on the chair, she lifted my top and turned the machine on. She put some gel stuff on me, I wasn't really sure what it was so I just nodded and agreed with everything she was saying.

"Okay" she smiled, as she ran the machine over my stomach.

I gripped lukes hand tightly, a small image appeared on the screen and I felt butterflies in my stomach. The nurse didn't say anything for a bit, she continued scanning my stomach until she called for a doctor which worried me. I looked over at luke, who had a concerned look on his face. It took a while for a doctor to arrive, as they had to come from the hospital but when he arrived he seemed calm which settled me slightly.

"Hi I'm Dr. Chambers" he said, shaking both luke and I's hand.

"Okay, let's take a look" he said, taking the hand held part of the machine from the young nurse.

The doctor spent what felt like forever looking, and he turned to the nurse and shook his head. I could feel my heart racing inside my chest, and I was holding onto lukes hand with all my grip.

"Give me two seconds" Dr chambers then said, walking out the room.

The young nurse stood silently in the corner with her eyes fixed on the monitor.

"What's wrong?" Luke said, his voice shaky.

"Well, we can't seem to find a heart beat" the nurse said.

I felt like I was going to be sick, my whole world just came crashing down around me. I turned to Luke who had his head in his hand, I felt like I couldn't breathe.

Dr chambers came back into the room with a piece of paper in his hand, he scanned the paper over and over before speaking.

"I am so, so sorry" he sighed, looking at the floor.

"no no no" I heard luke say to himself, as he let go of my hand and buried his head in them.

I didn't say anything, I felt numb.

Luke stood up and held his hand out for me to take, I couldn't stay in this room any longer. We walked into the corridor and my legs gave way from underneath me. Luke instantly picked me up and held me in his arms, he cried into my shoulder but surprisingly I did not cry. I don't think it had fully kicked in yet. We walked back to my room, and there was a nurse in there talking to the boys. Obviously informing them of the news we just got told. I climbed into bed and didn't say a word, no one really said anything. What was there to say?

I could hear Luke crying into James' shoulder which broke my heart even more. He was so excited, and it's all been taken from him within a matter of months.

I feel like this is all my fault, I could have prevented this. If I didn't drink and I ate more, maybe I would still be a mum.

"Chelsea, please talk." Jai asked.

I shook my head, I had nothing to say.

•••

I later found out that my baby was too small, he/she wasn't strong enough and it's all my fault. My baby was half the size it should have been and by the time I was ready to give birth they would have been so underdeveloped they may not have survived anyway.

I feel like I've lost a part of me, i had that baby growing inside of me for nearly 3 months, I was him or hers home. They kept me safe and they kept me strong, what do I have left to fight for? They were the reason I didn't kill myself.

I know that somewhere, my dad is looking after my baby. My two angels in the sky, watching over me.

-----------------------------------

hey hey, I know this is quite an emotional and strong topic. But I felt like I could write about it, I'm in no way speaking of this topic in a bad or funny way. It is a very very serious issue that many people have to deal with on a regular basis, so please don't think I'm speaking of this lightly. I know exactly what it is and how it effects people. So please don't leave any negative comments towards me please👼.

I love u guys, thankyou for getting my story to 70+K. It means the absolute world to me.

- Stevie