Chapter forty

*PLEASE COMMENT WHILE YOU READ, IT HELPS WITH QUICKER UPDATES*

I heard a knock at the door, I knew who it was before I even asked.

"Let me in" luke said softly.

"just leave me alone for a bit please" I sniffed.

"I would say okay but I can't leave you alone when you're upset" he sighed.

I knew what he meant by that, it didn't mean he just didn't want me to be sad. It meant he physically couldn't trust me to be alone when I'm upset because god knows what I'm capable of.

"Either let me in, or come out and we can talk" he said.

*LUKES POV*

She unlocked the door, and pleated her head round it. Our eyes locked together and the tears fell down her face, I opened my arms and she ran into them. Our bodies colliding harshly, but we didn't care. We stayed in this spot for a tleast 5 minutes before we went into my room. I shut the door and turned the light off as we climbed into bed.

"Why do they hate me luke?" Chelsea asked, with no emotion in her voice.

"They don't" I said, trying to reassure her.

"But they do" she replied.

I didn't know what to say, because our fans are so protective over us boys. They'll forever be watching over us and trying to protect us from what's wrong. But Chelsea? Chelsea is so so right, so right for me and I can't let our fandom destroy her.

"I love you" I said.

"I love you too" she responded.

"Luke, I don't understand" she sighed.

"Understand what?" I asked, confused.

"I don't understand why they hate me, because we're basically the same. So many people have dm'd me saying you are their saviour?? But you're also mine. It shouldn't be hard to explain to them that you make me happiest in the whole world, because you make them happy too. You're their sunshine, but you are also my sunshine"

We sat in silence but it wasn't an awkward silence, it was a well needed silence.

"Thankyou" she sighed.

"What for?"

"Saving me from the demons." she said, calmly and softly.

Hearing those words nearly brought me to tears, the girl I love with all my heart feels like I'm the only thing that can save her and that's not right. Because what happens if one day I'm not there to save her? What if I'm busy or just not home? She needs to learn to save herself.

There was a knock at my door, and James peered round and turned the light on. Chelsea brought the covers up and over her head, hiding herself from him.

"Party tonight, you in?" He smiled.

I looked over at Chelsea, she wasn't in a state to party and I really didn't want to leave her. So I shook my head and tilted it towards Chelsea, signalling that was why I didn't want too. James nodded, turned the light off and then left.

"He's gone" I said quietly.

Chelsea popped her head up and out of the blankets, I leant my arm around her body and she rested her head on my chest.

"Netflix and cuddles?" I asked.

I felt her nod, so she sat up and I turned the tv on.

*CHELSEAS POV*

Luke and I lay in bed watching movies for the majority of the night, which I enjoyed a lot. There was roars of laughter and loud music coming from the party down stairs and I could feel the alcohol calling my name.

"Luke, could you maybe get me a drink from downstairs?" I asked.

"Sure, what do you want?" He replied.

"Anything with vodka"

His eyes widened, he probably expected me to say water but I want to feel alive, I just want to feel something. Anything, I'm so tired of feeling dead.

Luke quickly ran down stairs, and when he returned he had his hands full of bottles. I took the vodka bottle from his hand and drank it straight. My throat burned but I didn't care, at least it made me feel something.

"Slow down baby" luke laughed.

I took a deep breath before taking another drink, the sensation in my throat killed but I continued to drink my problems away.

"Why did you randomly want to drink Chelsea?" Luke asked.

"I want to drown myself in alcohol" I slurred. Luke laughed and took another drink.

I don't think he understood what I meant, I literally want to drown my insides with alcohol. It might just kill me.

•••••

My head is killing me, I woke up surrounded by empty bottles and luke wasn't there. I tiptoed down the hall and down the stairs where all the boys were.

"We're going out for breakfast, you joining?" Jai asked.

I nodded, and asked for 2 minutes as I quickly threw some clothes on and scraped my hair up into a bun. Once we were all ready, we walked down the road a bit to the cafe we were going too. Beau and I were fighting jokingly near the road, and he pretended to push me onto the road.

"Woahhh" he joked, pushing me slightly off the pavement.

"Do it, I dare you" I smirked.

"What?" He asked, looking at me funny.

"Push me"

"Don't be silly" Beau smiled.

"Push me, I want to be scared. I want to feel something"

Beau didn't reply, but he pulled me into his chest and I hugged him tightly. The thoughts in my head are taking over and I don't know how to stop them.

----------------------

Heyyyy😌

Do u like this chapter?🌿

What do you think is going to happen?🌿

tweet//dm me🌚🌝 - @wowlukefeels

-Stevie