chapter fifteen

Luke was explaining his dream to me, I could tell he was genuinely upset about it. Him telling me how he felt really made me regret doing what I did for a while until the thoughts came back.

To think, I could be free right now.

"Chelsea?" Luke said, interrupting my thoughts.

"Mhm?"

"I have your phone" he sighed, Handing me it.

I unlocked it and scrolled through the many messages I had from family, obviously no one from school cares enough to ask about my absence.

*text from Lorna today*

'Hi Chelsea, your dad is being brought back to Aus for his funereal in 3 days'

*text from Lorna 2 days ago*

'I'm sorry'

*text from Charlotte 2 days ago*

'Hi chels, you doing okay? I heard about your dad, I'm so so sorry! Give me a text whenever you need'

*Texts from Amy*

'Hey kiddo'

'Are you okay?'

'Chels?'

'Oh god'

'You better be okay chels'

'I love you x'

I ignored all the messages apart from the ones from Amy, I text her back telling her I was okay and not to worry.

My dad's funeral is in 3 days? No one even asked if I was okay, no one asked me if I wanted any say in the planning of it. I don't know if I will even be able to go if I'm in this place.

"Chels I have to go now" luke said, hugging me.

"Oh, um okay" I said, feeling anxious about being alone.

"I have school silly" he laughed.

"You're already late, you might as well stay" I said while grabbing his collar and kissing him.

"C'mon you don't want an uneducated boyfriend do you?" He smirked.

"I suppose" I laughed.

"I'll come back after school I promise"

"You better" I said, wrapping the covers around myself.

"I love you" he said while putting on his shoes.

"I love you too"

Luke kissed me goodbye and then left, this was the first time I had been alone in this ward. I was scared.

I don't think I belong here, the other two girls in the ward didn't say much. I don't even know their names.

The girl next to me had stood up from her bed and slyly looked out to see if there was any nurses. She came running back into the room, grabbed something from her bag and looked at me.

"Please don't tell" she whispered as she left the room and went to the bathroom. None of us are allowed out the ward alone so she was obviously up to something.

A few minutes passed and she came back, looking happier than she did before. She got back into her bed and put something back into her bag.

"I'm Jess by the way" she smiled.

"And that's Erin, you won't hear much from her. She's in a coma" she said, pointing to the girl across from her.

"I'm Chelsea" I said, awkwardly.

"So why you in here?" She asked confidently.

"Oh, um i" I stuttered.

"It's cool, I won't tell anyone" she said, climbing out of bed and coming over to mine and sitting down.

"I tried to kill myself" I said, quietly.

"Ah, I thought so" she nodded.

"I done the same" she said, staring at the floor.

I didn't know what to say really, so there was an awkward silence for a minute until she asked me how i done it. I lifted my sleeves and undone the bandages to show her the gaping wounds that were still present on my wrists. Her eyes widened and she lifted up her sleeves showing me the slightly red scars that were left on hers.

"Snap" she laughed.

I've never met someone who I could laugh about this whole situation with. It's nice to finally have someone not be strict about it.

"So, who's that boy that stayed last night?" She smirked.

I smiled at what she said and began to tell her about Luke, I felt like I was going on and on about him but that's what you do when you love someone right? He's never off my mind.

"He's attractive, does he have a brother?" She joked.

"He does actually, 2 of them" I laughed.

Her eyes widened at what I said and we both laughed. Finally I had a friend that wasn't one of the boys or someone from the internet.

Jess and I spoke for hours, about everything and anything. Her life was quite similar to mine, in many ways really. Her father passed away too, but when she was a lot younger and after he passed away her mother couldn't handle her on her own and she was put into care and has been there ever since.

"I'm sorry about your dad" she said softly.

I nodded and could feel the sadness wash over me, since I've been here I haven't really thought about it properly until now.

In 3 days I'll be saying goodbye to him for the last time.

I've been numb to the feeling of grief until now, it all hit me at once and I couldn't stop it. I couldn't hold back the tears much longer and soon they were pouring down my face.

I buried my head under the blanket so no one noticed, these were the times I longed for Luke to be here.

Sorry this was kinda short, I just needed something to fill the space before the next chapter.

twitter//@wowlukefeels