chapter three

Luke was on my mind the whole night, I couldn't get the thought of us kissing out of my head.

Do I like Luke?

I don't think I do?

There wouldn't be much point anyway, who would like a girl covered in bruises and full of insecurity?

After being woken by my alarm and realising that it's Saturday I went back to sleep for what felt like 5 minutes, but when I woke up it was just after 2pm.

I quietly opened my bedroom door to see or hear if anyone else was in the house, and there wasn't. I had the place to myself.

There was a knock at the door, so I quickly fixed my hair and ran down the stairs to answer it. Standing in the doorway was Luke and Beau. I invited them in and upstairs to my room. We sat and spoke for a while until I heard the front door open and my dad and step mums voices.

I told Luke and Beau to quickly hide in my bathroom for a second, and they did.

My step mum came barging into my room, looking me up and down in disgust.

"The dishes weren't done" she said her voice low but her tone harsh.

"Um I didn't know I was supposed to do them" I said, quietly so the boys didn't hear me.

"Well you should have" she said grabbing onto my hair and pushing me down to the floor.

I tried to be as silent as I could so that 1. My dad didn't hear and 2. Luke and Beau didn't hear either.

"Just you wait until your dad goes away again, you won't be daddy's precious little girl then will you" she spat, throwing me to the floor and walking out the room. Slamming the door as she did.

I stood up putting all my weight against the door so she wouldn't come back in, the boys came back out from the bathroom in pure shock. They had heard everything.

"Chelsea what hap-" I cut Beau off before he could even ask.

"It doesn't matter honestly" I smiled.

They had concerned looks on their faces but I didn't dare tell them what happens at home. I told them I'd be 10 minutes getting ready and I would meet them out the front. They climbed out my bedroom window and onto the tree in the garden and ran around the front.

I got ready as quickly as I could and ran down the stairs, as I was walking to the kitchen to say goodbye to my dad I felt someone harshly grab my wrist.

"Remember what I said Chelsea, he'll be leaving soon" my step mum said, tightening her grip on my arm.

I shook her off me and continued to walk into the kitchen where my dad was making some coffee.

"Bye daddy" I smiled.

"Bye chicken, don't be late home" he smiled back.

"I love you dad" I said, hugging him tightly.

"I love you too Chelsea" he replied, kissing the top of my head.

I left the house and met Luke and Beau out the front and we walked to the station to get the train to meet the rest of the boys.

The train arrived but it was pretty packed, I couldn't find a seat so beau pulled me onto his lap. I turned to notice Luke seemed pretty pissed off. I asked him why but he just shook it off.

He was fine a second ago?

Anyway, we had got to our stop. We all got off the train and walked for a bit until we bumped into the rest of the boys.

We all went to get lunch somewhere and then they decided they wanted to go and film for their YouTube channel The Janoskians. So I walked over to my cousin Claire's flat which wasn't too far away. I said bye to the boys, and was on my way.

Once I had gotten there, claire and I sat down and spoke for a while. I told claire what is happening at home, and she really wants to go to the police but i won't let her. My step mum makes my dad happy, and I don't want to ruin his happiness.

I told her about the boys, and the kiss with luke, I practically told her everything that has happened since I last saw her. This is the first time I've seen her in about a month as she has been travelling but I'm so happy to have her back.

After hours and hours of talking it was around 9.30pm so claire drove me home. I walked into the house and saw my dad, step mum and Charlotte all sat in the living room together.

My dad patted the seat next to him signalling for me to sit down with them. So I did, my dad pulled me into a hug which immediately made me feel safer.

"Aren't you a bit old to be hugging your dad?" My step mum said.

what? When is someone ever too old to hug their dad? He was the first person I ever loved, he taught me everything I know.

"Don't be silly" my dad said laughing at what his wife just said.

I stood up from my seat, said goodnight to my dad and went up to my room. I can't stay in a room with her for very long.

I got ready for bed and climbed in, taking out my laptop and logging into tumblr. Everything on my dashboard is so accurate. It describes how I feel perfectly.

I scrolled down my own blog for a second and realised something,

I'm not as happy as I think I am.

or as happy as other people think I am.

I convince myself that I'm the happy, and I convince other people I'm happy but on the inside am I really happy at all?

Just as I was thinking about how worthless and unhappy I was, my phone starting ringing, lighting up the darkness of my room. It was my best friend, Amy.

"Hello bro" she said down the phone, laughing to herself as she did.

"Hey man" I responded, laughing too.

I love our friendship. We can be ourselves and not care what anyone thinks, and that's how it should be.

"How was your day?" She asked, sounding like she actually cared. Not many people do.

"It was okay I guess, just hung out with the boys and then went to Claire's for a bit"

"BOYS?" she shouted.

I must have forgotten to tell Amy about them, it's not that big of a deal really.

"Oh right yeah, these five guys I've started hanging around with. They're cool, they are my only friends here"

It was true, those 5 boys I met a couple of weeks ago are the only friends I have around here. None of the girls at school like me? They all think I'm weird. James, Daniel, Beau, Luke and Jai are my best friends.

After talking about the boys for about an hour, Amy's voice tone changed and she started asking really serious questions.

"Are you okay Chelsea? Like okay okay?" She asked, completely changing the subject from the boys.

"Yes? Why wouldn't I be?"

that was a lie, I'm really not okay.

"I found your tumblr" she sighed.

I froze, my thoughts started racing while trying to remember some of the things I've reblogged recently. No one was meant to find my tumblr, it was a way for me to release my thoughts without anyone I actually know finding out about how I feel.

I didn't respond to what Amy said, how was I meant too? She now knows that I'm not as happy as she once thought I was.

"I love you so much Chels, I'm always here okay?"

" I love you too babe, I have to go okay? I'll speak to you soon" I replied, tears were streaming down my face.

"by-" I hung up the phone before she could even finish, I ran it the bathroom locking the door behind me and dropping my phone onto the floor.

I slid my back down the door and sat on the floor crying, i am so broken.

My phone lit up again, this time it was James. I ignored his call and tried to forget about the thoughts inside my head but I just couldn't. My phone continued to ring as James phoned, and phoned and phoned until I picked up.

" hi James" I said, trying to make my voice sound as positive as I could.

"Are you alright? You sound like you've been crying?" He asked.

"Um I'm sorry James, could I maybe Phone you back tomorrow? Now isn't a good time" I said, holding in my tears.

"Um yeah sure okay well bye?" He seemed confused.

I didn't even say bye, I just hung up.

Still sat on the bathroom floor, I looked around the room for a moment. I noticed my razor sat on the edge of my bath, a few thoughts came into my head but I quickly tried to shake them out.

I can't go back to old habits, I cut myself from the age of 12 all the way too 15 and I can't get back into it. It's a vicious addiction that needs to be fed by harming myself. I told my dad I would never hurt myself again, he's the reason for my happiness.

I'm terrified for when he goes away again, I'm going to be left with Lorna and her daughter this time. I need to get out this house.