chapter thirteen

*lukes POV*

"She tried to kill herself" I heard beau say, quietly.

The words hit me like bullets, the girl I loved with all my heart just tried to end her own life because she thought it wasn't worth living. I never knew how much emotional pain she felt up until this point but now I understand.

Chelsea hasn't had the best of life's, her mother abandoned her and her father when she was still quite young, and her step mum was in no way a mother figure.

Once Daniel had phoned for an ambulance him and Beau went to wait for it at the door. Chelsea still lay on the bathroom floor, lifeless and cold looking. James took charge of the situation and looked for bandages to stop the bleeding coming from Chelsea's wrist. After finding some in the cabinet he wrapped them tightly around her wrists, applying pressure to the wounds to try stop the bleeding.

"Come on Bro let's take her down stairs" James said, nudging me quickly.

"No just leave her, the medics will be here soon" I said, snapping slightly.

"It'll be easier" James said, going in to pick Chelsea up.

"Don't touch her" I shouted, forgetting about everything and who I was talking too.

I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes and I blinked a few times allowing them to fall down my cheeks. James put his hand on my shoulder and gave me a sympathetic look.

Not long after 2 paramedics came running up the stairs and into the small bathroom.

"Can I get some room please son?" One of the medics said quickly while talking things out of his bag.

I nodded and wiped the tears from my eyes as I watched them do things I didn't understand but hoped and prayed it would save her.

The two men lifted chels onto a board and slowly made their way down the stairs and into the ambulance. I went in the ambulance with her and so did Jai. We sat in silence the whole way to the hospital, there wasn't much to say really.

Once we arrived there Chelsea was taken away into a room full of doctors and Jai and I were left to sit and wait. The others arrived shortly after with my mum too. She looked tired and confused but extremely worried at the same time. Beau came and sat next to me, putting his arm around my shoulder and telling me everything is going to be okay but I don't know that for sure.

James took a phone out of his pocket and handed it too me, it was Chelsea's and it had loads of messages from her cousin Claire so I decided to tell her what had happened, but it went straight to answer phone.

*voicemail to claire*

'Hi claire this is Luke, I don't know if Chelsea's told you who I am or anything but I really need you to get to the hospital right now. Chelsea isn't in a good way at all and it would be great if you got here as soon as you can.

thanks, luke'

I waited anxiously for a reply or a call back, and not long after I got one.

*text from claire*

'I'm on my way!!'

We sat in the waiting room for what felt like forever, no one was telling us what was happening. She could be dead for all I know.

Claire took about 20 minutes to get here and when she arrived she went up to the reception in a panic. She was told to wait just like we were. I walked over to her and introduced myself.

"Hi, I'm Luke the one who left the message?" I said, tapping her on the shoulder.

She turned around and her face was red with crying and her eyes were heavy. Claire was so similar to Chelsea in many ways. Both are very petite with dark blond hair. They could practically be twins.

Claire opened her mouth to speak but no words came out and she ended up sobbing into her hands. I didn't know how to help her when I couldn't even help myself in this situation.

I found myself nodding off at points but I was determined to stay awake incase a doctor or someone came to tell us some form of information about her condition. A doctor walked out of the room Chelsea was in and came over to us.

"Is Chelsea's mother here?" The man asked.

I shook my head as I stood up and he quickly wrote something down on his clipboard.

"Father?" He then asked.

I shook my head again and I heard Claire slightly sobbing behind me.

"So she has no parents and or guardians here at this moment?" He proceeded to ask.

"I'm here" claire sniffed.

"And you are?" He asked suspiciously.

"I'm her older cousin" she said, wiping her eyes.

"I'm sorry we need a parent or guardian here" the man stated.

"Her mother left when she was a little girl" claire said, getting rather angry with the doctor.

"She has a father doesn't she?" He said also sounding angry.

"not anymore" claire shouted with tears streaming down her face.

I walked over to the doctor and whispered to him slightly.

"Her dad had just passed away, that's the reason why she done this" I said, quietly.

The doctor nodded at me and told me he would be back to talk with us soon. We still weren't allowed in too see Chelsea and I was worried sick.

Everyone was tired and slowly falling asleep in their chairs, the waiting room was quiet and no one dare spoke. The doctor took his time to come back but when he did he told me I could go and see Chelsea now. Claire and I stood up from our seats and walked through to the room she was in. As we entered the room the atmosphere got darker than it already was. Chelsea was laying there, pale and still. The only noise coming from the room was the machine monitoring her heart rate. It looked stable enough. Claire walked closer to chels as I stood back a bit giving her some time with her cousin.

The machine beeped louder which caused both claire and I to jump. Tears filled Claire's eyes as she stared at her little cousin lying there motionless. It was all to much for her and she walked out in tears collapsing in the corridor and my mum came running up to her, comforting her as much as she could. I walked forward and knelt down next to Chelsea's bed, holding her hand tightly in mine.

'I love you' I whispered as if she could hear me. I knew she couldn't but I felt like I needed to say it.

The machine attached to Chelsea began beeping faster and faster and Chelsea's motionless body began moving violently. She was having a fit, and doctors came running in, pushing me out of the way. Every time I tried to get closer I was pushed back and then I was taken out the room by a nurse.

The bed Chelsea was lying on was whizzed out and taken into a bigger room filled with more doctors. As I tried to run after her I was held back by James.

I was so scared.

what if I lose her?