chapter twenty

it felt like my heart had stopped, i felt numb.

I put my head back against the bathroom door, breathing heavily and tears starting to fill my eyes.

They can't leave, I thought about the whole situation for a bit then I stood up from the floor and looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes and face were red from crying. I wiped my eyes and took my foundation out my make up bag that sat on the counter, I put some on my face to cover the redness and left the bathroom. The boys were quietly sat in the kitchen, all of them gathered round the table. No one was talking but looks were passed when I walked into the room. I walked over to the sink where Gina was stood washing some dishes, she turned her head and smiled lightly at me.

"I'm sorry" Luke blurted out.

I had my back turned to the boys, I turned my head slightly and my eyes met Luke's.

"We really are sorry" beau said, as I turned to look at him, his sad eyes met mine and he looked at me then put his head down.

"How long?" I said quietly.

"How long what?" Beau said, lifting his head up.

"How long have you known?" I said, trying to hold back my tears.

"Couple months" he sighed.

I turned my back to them again and the tears built up in my eyes, I tried to blink them away but it just caused them to full down my cheeks. It hurt knowing that they had known for so long and just decided to tell me. I took a deep breath and turned around to face them again, I wiped my eyes and held my hand up in front of my mouth, it was something I done when I felt anxious.

"You better tell her when you're leaving boys" I heard Gina sigh from beside me.

I looked at all three of them and none of them said a word, so I took out my phone and text skip. 'When do you leave for America?xx' and it took him a second to reply.

'Saturday(: xx' he replied, I felt a lump in my throat and the tears fell heavily from my eyes.

"Thanks, thanks a lot" I said, walking out of the room and into the garden.

Luke tried to follow me out but Gina pulled him back and said to leave it for a bit, she was right I didn't want to see their faces just now. They had months to tell me but they left it till last minute which was the worst thing to do.

"Chelsea?" A voice from behind me said, I turned around and luke was stood at the door with James because him and Daniel had also arrived.

"Leave me alone luke" I sighed, wiping my eyes.

"Chelsea I know you're upset but-"

"But what luke? You're moving to a different country, you're going to be living miles away. I can't live here without you? Why didn't you tell me for god sake man" I said, not noticing I was shouting.

"What was I supposed to tell you? Oh hey, we're moving to America and living there and not seeing you for a while?" He shouted back, I was taken back by him shouting at me. He never normally does that.

"Yes! That's exactly what you should have told me, you should have told me as soon as it was official! Not left it for months and not say a word, you should have told me straight up and not tried to sugarcoat it!" I said, my sadness turning to anger slightly.

"I didn't want to hurt you" Luke said, still shouting.

"You didn't want to hurt me? So what I'm not hurt now? Luke it would have hurt less if you told me when you first found out not the week you fucking leave"