chapter twelve

Finally my phone rang, it was claire. Her voice was quiet and muffled slightly.

"Hiya" she said softly.

"Claire he's okay isn't he?!" I asked, worriedly.

She paused for what felt like forever.

"They turned it off" she said quietly

"Turned what off?!" I asked quickly.

"The life support" she said, her voice going quieter with crying.

"No no no" I screamed, collapsing onto the floor.

"They can't do that" I cried.

"Shh, baby. They got permission" she cried back.

"From who?! Who gave them permission to kill my daddy?" I said, hysterically crying.

Claire swallowed the lump in her throat and told me Lorna allowed them to turn the machine off. I was devastated and extremely angry at the same time. Who have her the right to turn off that machine, she's destroyed my life.

I hung up on claire and cried hysterically into my hands, I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and my bedroom door open. It was Jai.

"Woahh, chels? What's happened? Are you okay?" He said, flicking on the lights.

I was struggling to breath, I was having a panic attack. I pulled at my own hair and cried even harder into my hands.

"Chelsea look at me, what's happened?" Jai asked again.

"My d-dad" I said, stuttering on my words.

"Is he okay?!" Jai said, looking worried.

I shook my head and tried to stand up to go to the bathroom but I just fell back down.

"He's not ill again is he? You told us about his lungs before? Are they okay?" He asked quickly.

"She ki-killed him" I said, screaming into my hands.

Jai looked at me with confusion but didn't want to question me right now. Beau had now woken up and he entered the room and leant down next to me, pulling my into his chest as I cried violently.

"Tell me what's going on Chelsea" beau said, moving my hair from my face as Jai went to wake luke up.

"My daddy's dead" I said, feeling like I was going to throw up.

"what?!" Beau asked, shocked.

"She killed him" I said, staring blankly at the wall.

"Who?"

Before I could answer I ran to the bathroom and threw up, then collapsing onto the tiles and curling my body up into a ball.

Luke came running into the room and practically dived down next to me.

"It's okay, it's okay" he said softly, over and over.

"It's not okay Luke, it will never be okay again" I cried.

He looked at me, confused I guess?

Beau called him through and they spoke quietly to each other while Jai silently listened. Lukes jaw dropped open in shock and he walked back through to me.

"Baby" he said, trying to find something to say to comfort me.

I shook my head to get him to stop because i knew nothing he would say would change how I felt.

My whole body was numb, and I didn't know what to do. I couldn't go and see Claire and she couldn't come and see me because you have to take the train and it's too early in the morning.

Luke and Jai stood in silence as beau went to wake the others. They didn't know what to say and neither did I.

"Do you want us to go?" Luke whispered.

I nodded my head lightly and told them not to leave completely. I just wanted to be alone for a while. They left my room and went and sat in the living room, I couldn't hear much conversation from them.

I stood up from the tiled floor and looked at myself in the mirror, I opened the cabinet above my sink and rummaged around for a blade or a bottle of pills anything to end the pain.

I didn't find anything, which caused me to get frustrated and pull at my hair. I went back through to my room and looked in my bedside table. I found where I had hidden my old blade and I took it into the bathroom. I removed the large jumper I had on and stared at my scarred skin. Looking at all the white lines covering my arms, I didn't care anymore. I took the blade to the top of my wrist, right where my veins were visible and struck my wrist violently 3 times.

The blood poured out of me faster than I expected, I've never bled like this before. I looked in the cabinet again, all the way to the back this time and I found a whole pack of sleeping pills. I pulled it out and held it in my hands, my knees buckles from under me and I crashed onto the floor. My head went dizzy and my eyes were struggling to focus. I opened the packet of pills and took 6 out and chucked them into my mouth quickly. I swallowed them all and tried to get more out but my body was slowing down and I was getting tired.

I could feel my eyes closing but I was determined to keep them open. I struggled to open the packet further and I clumsily dropped it but I didn't have the strength to pick it up.

My eyes closed.

I'm free.

*Lukes POV*

I felt uneasy about leaving Chelsea on her own, something about leaving her in that state made me doubt myself. I told the boys I was going to check on her and they told me not to but I had too. Something wasn't right.

I walked up the stairs slowly and quietly knocked on her door. There was no response which made my heart beat faster than it already was. I opened her door and she was no where to be seen. I started to panic. Her bathroom door was closed so I assumed she was in there. I listened to hear if she was making any sounds but she wasn't. I tried to open the door but it was locked.

"Chels?" I shouted.

There was no reply, which made me scared.

"Chelsea babe? Open the door please" I shouted again.

Still no reply, I took a coin out my pocket and flicked the lock open. I turned the handle to find her in a heap on the floor. I knelt down beside her, then noticing the blood coming from her wrist and the packet of sleeping pills next to her.

I felt for a pulse on her neck and it was still there but only slightly.

"Beau" I shouted. But no one heard me.

"James" I shouted again, and I heard someone respond but not come up.

"Someone fucking help me" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

I heard footsteps come running up the stairs and the boys enter the room.

"Help me" I cried.

The boys stood there, still as anything and not saying a word.

"Help me, she's dying" I said as I cried into Chelsea's lap.

James ran over next to me and looked at Chelsea who was paler than anything.

"Call an ambulance" James said, panicking.

Daniel took out his phone and dialled the number.

"Hi, ambulance please my friends..um?" He paused and didn't know what to tell the operator.

"She's tried to kill herself" beau whispered, staring at a lifeless Chelsea lying on the floor.