Chapter thirty four

It's been a week since Jai kissed me, well we kissed eachother. I can't say it was all him because I did kiss him back. This week has been a blur, my head is all over the place. I'm confused.

Also, I haven't seen luke at all. He's gone before I'm up and he's not home until late. I don't know if he's avoiding me or if he's avoiding the whole situation in general.

I have to go to a therapist today, beau offered to drive me there and Jai offered to attend with me. Once we arrived there, Jai and I walked into the busy reception/waiting room.

"Im here to see doctor stewart?" I said anxiously. The women behind the desk quickly checked the computer.

"Chelsea?" She asked.

I nodded my head and she told us to take a seat, I sat nervously, twiddling my fingers. Jai must have noticed my nerves and he took my hand in his and smiled at me. My name was then called and we walked into a small room.

"Hello Chelsea, I'm doctor Stewart" the tall man introduced himself.

I shook his hand.

"I'm Jai" he said, shaking his hand and smiling.

We all sat down, Jai and I facing doctor Stewart.

"You're her boyfriend?" The man smiled.

"No!" I said quickly, almost too quickly.

"Jai is one of my best friends" I then said. Turning to Jai, who looked more awkward than ever.

"So, I've been informed that you're not in the best mental state? You've tried to commit suicide once? Am I correct?" Doctor Stewart asked, changing the subject immediately and getting straight to the point.

"Twice" I said, feeling almost ashamed to say it.

"Okay, right I'm going to ask you a few personal questions. Is that alright?" He then asked.

I nodded my head.

"mum and dad? Tell me about them"

"Well, my dad passed away not too long ago. He had problems with his lungs for a long while" I said, swallowing the lump in my throat. Even talking about my dad brought tears to my eyes.

"I'm so sorry" doctor Stewart said shaking his head slightly.

"And my mum? Well she left me and my dad when I was young, but she's recently came back into my life. Which is great, because I know have a little sister" I beamed, I was proud to call myself a sister.

"and you're currently living in la?"

I nodded my head and looked over at Jai, he smiled at me.

"Who do you love with?" He then asked.

"My 5 friends" I replied.

"And do you get along with all 5 of them?"

I nodded my head, even though luke and I hadn't spoke in what felt like forever.

"Relationship? Do you have a boyfriend" He said.

"Or girlfriend?" He then added, not wanting to discriminate.

"I don't know" I sighed, whispering to myself mostly.

"So you're not in a relationship?"

"It's complicated" I said.

•••

After the therapy session which was a complete waste of time, Jai and I decided to walk back to the house.

"Sooo?" Jai said.

"So?" I ask.

I don't know why but the atmosphere between Jai and I was so different. We were acting like a couple of high schoolers, awkward and quiet.

"Kinda awkward how the therapist asked if I was your boyfriend huh?" He said, sort of laughing.

"Yeah I know" I laughed.

"I wish I was" he sighed, looking at me straight in the eyes.

"Jai, I?" I stuttered.

"I know, I know. You love luke" he said, sadness in his voice.

"No, well I mean yes I love Luke but me and you? We're best friends, you're basically my brother?"

Jai nodded and we continued walking, once we arrived home Jai decided to take the hose out and soak me, so I ran inside. Jai soon ran in too, falling onto me and both of us landing on the floor in a heap, laughing our heads off.

I looked up and saw luke, he looked upset. He gave me a glare and went straight up the stairs. Jai and I looked at eachother then stood up, I went up to the spare bedroom where I was storing all my stuff and got changed into some sweatpants. There was a faint knock at my door, and luke pleated his head round.

"Can we talk?" He asked, staring at his feet.

"Sure" I said quietly.

He took a deep breath and sat down next to me, continuing to avoid eye contact with me.

"I'm sorry" he sighed.

I didn't reply, I wasn't going to say it was fine because it's not. I'm not forgiving him for his actions.

"I accept your apology luke" I said firmly.

"So you forgive me?" He said, looking up.

"No" I said bluntly.

"What?"

"I'm not going to forgive you luke, you cheated on me? If what we had was real how could you even think about doing that?" I asked.

"If what we had was real how could you be fine? Smiling and laughing like nothing's happened?" Luke replied.

"Fine? You think I'm fine luke? I'm no where near fine, I tried to kill myself for fuck sake man" I said while standing up. I was getting frustrated and upset.

He didn't respond, he knew I wasn't fine. I've never been 'fine'.

"Sorry" he said again, looking away from me.

There was an awkward silence, none of us really knew how to handle the situation. I was so in love with luke that staying angry at him was difficult for me, and I knew he couldn't handle me being angry at him.

"I love you more than anything in this world, why can't you see that?" Luke said, breaking the silence.

"I do see that luke, and I feel the exact same but"

"But what?" He asked.

"I don't know" I said, sighing.

-------------------------------------

Hey guys, I'm so close to 30K omfg!! So when we get this story to 30K I'll do my next update.

I SEE THE BOYS IN 12 DAYS!! Are any of you going to the #GotCakeTour? If you are comment what date👸

Also, comment on the 5sos reference in this chapter?😏

More votes/comments also = a faster update.

ily's xx