Chapter thirty eight

*COMMENT WHILE U READ FOR MORE UPDATES*

*chelseas pov*

I've been in LA for what seems like forever, and I'm really missing home. Since im not yet able to afford a plane ticket back home, I guess I'm here for a little while longer. Luke suggested I get a job while out here, it would give me something to do while the boys were busy and it would help provide for my plane ticket home.

I went into town while the boys were at a meeting and hunted for jobs. I noticed a small building at the end of the street, it was a 'day care' centre and they were looking for staff to work behind the front desk so I went in and applied, I was expecting to be given a date for an interview but an overly friendly women took me into her office almost immediately.

"I'm Helen" she smiled.

"I'm Chelsea" I awkwardly smiled back.

"So you're wanting to apply?"

I nodded my head and she handed me an application form, as I extended my arm to take it from her, her face dropped and she lost her smile.

"I'm sorry, um we can hire you" she sighed.

"Oh?" I said, confused.

"It's just, those scars on your arms? We can't have you around young children with those. They could ask questions or it could encourage them I'm sorry"

"What?" I was taken back, my jaw was basically on the floor in shock.

"It's just not healthy for the kids" she replied.

I stood up from my seat and left without saying anything. I was shocked that she could even consider my scars as a health hazard to children. I was angry and upset, I took my phone from my pocket and phoned Jenny.

"Hi sweetheart" she chirped.

"Jenny, someone just refused to hire me because of the scars on my arms" I said, my eyes watering slightly.

"Shh, darling calm down. They had no right to do that, but you can find another job okay?"

I took a deep breath and replied to Jenny, we spoke as I walked down the street. I noticed outside one of the shopping 'malls' that they were looking for girls to work on the make up counters, I wasn't the best at make up but I wasn't half bad.

"Okay I think I've found something, I'll call you back later." I said to Jenny.

"Okay, love you chicken"

'Chicken' the word hit me and I felt like crumbling to the floor, that's what my dad used to call me. Since being here I hadn't fully thought about what had happened. My dad is on my mind every day constantly but the thought of him not being here struck me again.

"I love you too" I said quickly before hanging up and taking deep breaths.

Once I was calm and ready, I walked over to the make up counter and asked the women about the job. She smiled at me, took my name and details and said she wanted me to test my make up skills out right there and then, she removed all the make up from her face and I re done it for her. She smiled at herself in the mirror.

"You've got the job" she beamed.

A huge smiled spread across my face, I honestly felt true happiness.

"When can you start?" She asked.

"As soon as possible?"

"Brilliant, I'll give you a uniform and a schedule" she said, rummaging under the desk and handing me a bag and a sheet of paper.