chapter five

Thank god it's the weekend, school puts to much pressure on teenagers these days. We've got to balance homework with class work and revision it's too much for us. If one teacher can't teach all subjects how do they expect a student to learn them all?

Luke invited my round to his house today to work on our project for English class. Lorna seems a lot calmer that usual, she's never really in the house anymore which is a good thing but I'm curious about where she's disappearing too?

Once I was ready to go to the brooks house, I slowly walked there with my headphones in. I'm still struggling to walk properly, I'm still in agony. I knocked on the door, hoping it was the right house. I was greeted by a very beautiful woman, she introduced herself as Gina Brooks and we began talking.

"Lukes told me a lot about you Chelsea" she said, smiling.

"Oh" I said, my cheeks going slightly red.

Luke came running through with his T-shirt half on and half off.

woah.

"I'm ready, I'm ready" he said, pulling his t-shirt down.

"Overslept did you?" I laughed.

He scrunched his face up and stuck out his tongue. I followed him through the the bedroom he shared with Jai and we sat down on the floor and got started on the play. After about 45 minutes of working on it we decided to take a break.

"You're mums lovely" I said to luke.

"I know she is, she's the best" he grinned.

"I bet you're mums nice, just like you"

"I wouldn't know, she left me when I was little" I said quietly, looking at the floor.

"Oh, urm, I?" Luke stuttered.

"It's okay luke" I said

"Sorry" he responded, putting his hand on my back.

"We should probably get writing again, or we'll never finish" I laughed.

We continued working until about 5 and luke suggested we get the rest of the boys and go get something to eat. The boys all arrived at the brooks house and we headed into town. Beau said that the Italian place in the centre of town was good so we decided to go there.

Since my step mum rarely ever makes food I like my body has gotten used to not eating for a while so I wasn't going to get anything but the boys forced me.
After we had all eaten we went back to James' house for a while. We watched a few horror movies and talked for the rest of the night.

Beau moved closer to me and put his arm around me to whisper something.

"Do you like Luke?" He asked.

"What? No why would i?"

"Well that kiss the other week? You's are working on a project together? And You're all he ever talks about" he said, his voice got slightly louder without him realising.

"He talks about me?" I smiled.

"See you do like him" Beau practically shouted.

"shhhhh" I said, punching him in the arm.

Beau laughed and returned to his original seat, Luke stood up from the floor and sat close to me on the sofa. He didn't say anything but he put his hand under the blanket that was covering me and locked our hands together and smiling.

I'm not sure what it is about luke, I used to hate him? But now? I don't know, he's different. He's the only boy who's ever shown me any type of affection.

My phone stopped my thoughts as it lit up the room.

*From Lorna*

Ill be out all of tonight, Don't do anything you'll regret. You know what will happen.

I sighed and put my phone into my pocket, I noticed James, Daniel and Jai were asleep. I felt myself falling asleep too. My head was resting on Lukes shoulder, our hands still locked.

~dream~

"No, please don't" I begged as my step mum threw me to the floor.

I screamed in pain as she kicked my stomach and chest.

"You need to learn to listen you stupid little girl" she spat.

"I will, I will. Please stop" I cried.

Lorna picked me up off the floor and held me by my hair.

"You better" she said, lifting her hand and her fist ready to hurt me

~end of dream~

"Chelsea wake up" I felt someone harshly shaking my shoulders.

My eyes opened quickly and my breathing was fast.

"Are you alright?" Luke asked, still holding onto my shoulders.

"Yeah, yeah just a bad dream"

"You were screaming?" He said, pulling me in for a hug.

My breathing soon became normal again and I stopped panicking.

I took my phone from my pocket and noticed I had a few texts from Amy. It was 11pm and I thought I better go home.

I said bye to the boys and started walking home, I heard my name being shouted from behind me and I saw luke running towards me.

"I couldn't let you walk yourself could I?" He laughed.

Luke slyly intertwined our hands and we walked slowly back to my house. We stood outside my door for a while, just talking until luke had to go. He grabbed my waist and pulled me close, putting his lips onto mine.

I said goodbye to Luke and walked into the house, Charlotte was was on the sofa watching tv.

"Hi" she smiled.

"Um hi?" I was confused, she had barely ever spoke to me before.

"Can I ask you something?" She said.

"Go on?" I said, sitting next to her.

"Does my mum hurt you all the time too?" She said softly.

"w-what?" I stuttered.

"I seen her kicking you, I'm just wondering does she do it often?"

"Yes" I said, looking to the floor.

"Me too" she said, looking me straight in the eyes.

Lorna abuses her own daughter too? No wonder I hadn't seen her until a couple of weeks ago.

I wrapped my arms around Charlotte and didn't say a word. She's the only person who knows how I feel.

We sat and talked for a while and then we went to our rooms. I took my phone out from my pocket and sat in on my bed remembering I hadn't text Amy back. I picked up my phone and dialled her number and waited for her to answer.

"Hey kiddo" she said.

"Hiya" I said, smiling to myself.

"Where you been hrm?"

"I was with the boys again" I laughed

After talking for what felt like 10 minutes but it was actually an hour Amy asked me about luke.

"Well he? He? He's perfect okay? He's funny, charming and gorgeous! I don't know what it is about him, I can't imagine my life without him anymore. I think I'm in love with him"

Sorry it's quite a short chapter, I have a huge chapter planned.

twitter//@wowlukefeels