Lights Out 4x17

It's my first day back since about a month ago when I was injured during the whole 'Becky freak out' situation. 

Yea, I'm a little nervous because of what happened, but I know that I'm safe anyways.

I walk into the choir room where I'm greeted by all the students, Finn, and Mr. Schue. Finn told me he's back for good but still wants us to run the club with him.

"Hi guys" I smile as I walk through the door.

Finn smiles and lets Marley run up to me, giving me a hug.

"So, how's Regionals prep going?" I say, raising an eyebrow.

"We're workin' hard" Finn says, putting his arm around my shoulder. 

"we need to bring out A game because the favorite right now is the Hossierdaddies and they have a power house as their lead." Mr. Schue says.

Right after Mr. Schue says that, the lights go out and Kitty shrieks out causing me to think that something's gonna happen again.

"Hello students" Figgins gets on the intercom. "Something has happened with our piping system so there's a power outage, do not worry children, we will try to fix this problem as soon as we can. For now, we are unplugged"

"Alright guys, you heard it first" Mr. Schue says. "It's unplugged week"

He throws a marker at Finn and he goes over and writes unplugged on the whiteboard.

To kick us off, Sam plays an acoustic version of You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'. Ryder joins in and so does the rest of the glee club, causing me to lean on Finn's shoulder at this Kodak moment.

"This is how I used to entertain my family when we had to shut the electricity off" Sam says, causing everyone to kinda think about how good they have it.

Class is dismissed and Ryder looks distraught.

"Hey, Ryder?" I ask, calling him over to me once everyone leaves the room.

"Yea, what's up?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" I say, pulling the Uno reverse card (not literally). "Wanna go for a walk?"

"Sure" Ryder agrees and we walk around the school.

While en route, Ryder explains everything that's going on. The whole Katie situation, not knowing who she is and all. It's driving him crazy, or so he says.

"I know that my problems aren't really that big of a deal, ya know" Ryder motions to my wound on my stomach.

"Don't do that, okay? This is something that's making you obviously really upset. Don't compare it to that. Totally two different things." I say.

"I have to get to class now, but thanks for listening Jessie" Ryder smiles and heads off to class, and I feel good knowing that I helped someone today.

We have another glee club meeting after lunch and we all sit in a circle together.

"So, I've been learning guitar for this song. I had no idea how to play but this song made me wanna learn. For you Jessie" Finn says, and he sits down with the acoustic in his hands.

He starts singing Beautiful Crazy by Luke Combs with backup from the other members of New Directions.

"I'm so in love with you Jess. I have been since the first day of school sophomore year." Finn says to me in front of the whole entire group, causing me to tear up a little bit.

"I love you too Finn" He stands up, and takes me in his arms, gently swinging me in the air.

The day ends and I see Becky in the hallway.

"Hi Becky" I say to her.

"Jessie, I'm sorry for what I did to you. It was an accident and I'm really really sorry" She says, looking up at me.

"I know it was, and I forgive you. Give me a hug?" I ask and she nods, putting her little blonde head into my chest and we hug in the middle of the hallway near her bottom locker.

"see you tomorrow" She says and I smile and wave goodbye to her.

Even though she hurt me, and scarred me, it feels really good to forgive her. I know it was an accident and she feels horrible enough.

The next day, Artie suggests that we should 'Unplug Squared', or so he calls it. Which really just means to use everyday objects for music instead of electric guitars or regular instruments.

"Guys, let's put this to the test!" Mr. Schue says as we bring out some everyday objects to use to make some music.

"Artie this was such a good idea!!" I say, as we get ready to start the music.

"One, two, one , two, three" Finn shouts and we start the 'drums' to We Will Rock You

"That was amazing guys" I say to the New Directions after we finish the song.

I tap Mr. Schue on the shoulder to let him know that I'm leaving to the choir room. We planned it all out for Finn's surprise.

I grab Sam's hand and yank him to follow me to the choir room.

We leave discreetly so Finn won't see what's going on. When we get to the room, Sam pulls out an acoustic and hands it to me, and he searches for another for him.

We run our number through very quickly, so when everyone comes back in we'd be all set.

After 5 minutes, everyone comes walking through. Mr. Schue is behind Finn, holding onto his shoulders and sitting him down in his old seat on the risers.

"I asked Sam to help me out with this song as a surprise for you. This song is just part of how I feel about you, but I thought it was perfect. Especially being stripped down as an acoustic version. Enjoy" I say, introducing the Lady Antebellum song that Sam and I are performing for Finn.

I Run To You

And when it all starts coming undone

Baby you're the only one I run toI run to you

We finish the song and Finn gets out of his seat to hug me.

"It's funny how we both can be on the same wave length. Cause, I have a song for you too" Finn says as he hugs me, his arms tight around my waist.

I go sit down in Finn's seat as he picks up the acoustic that I just set down on the piano.

"Mr. Schue has been helping me with guitar secretly over the past month or so. I've decided to put my new skills to some good use." Finn smiles down at the acoustic and I can't help but smile with him.

Finn starts singing Perfect by Ed Sheeran and I completely fall to pieces.

A stream of tears comes down my cheek, and I don't realize that I'm sorta crying until I feel the wet drop onto my pants.

Finn finishes the ballad and puts down the guitar. "Jess, I want you to move in with me."

"Wait, but you still live with Burt and Carole" I laugh as I get up to walk to the piano.

Finn nods and agrees, "There's a little apartment addition that we could move into. If you want." He puts his hands on my arms and bends so he can look me in the eyes.

"Yes, I'll move in with you" I kiss him and the glee club cheers for us.

The lights magically turn on as if on cue, due to Finn and I taking the next step in our relationship.

"Alright guys, into the auditorium" Mr. Schue breaks up the little pow wow and leads everyone to the stage.

As their last assignment for the week, the kids perform Billy Joel's Longest Time a Capella style.

I lean into Finn as we watch from the side of the stage, looking on as our friends and 'students' perform their hearts out, before he pecks me on the head. Still onlooking at our impact.