The Break-up 4x03

"What are you doing here?" I ask Finn who's standing at my doorstep.

"Can I come in?"

I let Finn in and we take a seat at the kitchen table as we wait for the coffee I'm brewing to be ready.

Once the coffee machine beeps to signal that it's done, I get up and pour it into two mugs for the two of us.

"So now can you tell me what you're doing here?" I ask handing him the white mug.

He takes a sip of the hot coffee that I just handed him. "I lost my scholarship. I got injured and I can't play again, so I lost my scholarship, I lost my education, I lost everything. So I came home."

"Why'd you come here?" I ask to why he came to my house.

"I heard that you were back from Yale."

"From who?"

"Quinn" He says softly. "She kinda told me everything that happened."

"Like about Collin?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Who?" Finn's face looks serious and angry. "Who's Collin"

"A guy that was trying to seduce me. I tried to get out of it but it just kept getting worse and worse so I left." I say.

"You cheated on me?"

"No, it was one sided-"

"We're engaged Jessie"

"You left me. I didn't know what was going on. But you left me for football. You left me." I say, starting to cry. "I was ready to marry you the second you proposed."

"I should go" Finn says leaving his coffee mug.

"Finn" I say but he doesn't look back. I hear the door shut and decide to just go up to my room and lay there.

I get to McKinley the next day and see Santana sitting on one of the stools in the front of the room.

"Jessie!" She jumps up and hugs me.

"Hey! How's cheerleading"

"I missed Brittany so I came home for a little bit. Honestly I hate it. I just want to be with her all the time"

"I get that"

"How're you and Finn. I heard about Yale"

"How does everyone already know about Yale?" I ask rhetorically. "Finn and I? I have no idea. He came over yesterday and left once I told him about what happened at Yale."

"Ugh, men" Santana says rolling her eyes.

Brittany walks in the room and I decide to just leave her and Santana alone.

I walk out into the auditorium where I used to go just to think. It feels refreshing being there and being by myself.

"Jess?" I hear a voice say.

I turn around and it's Finn.

"you come here to yell at me again?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"I'm sorry for yesterday, I just am so confused and I miss you." He says.

"I miss you so much. Ya know, you were my first love, and I would do anything for you to be my last. But these past few months, they've been horrible without you. I can't keep putting myself through this." I start to cry and Finn sits down next to me.

"I'm sorry" He says as he embraces me "I'm sorry about last night, I'm sorry about the airport, I'm sorry for leaving you for football." He says.

"I just don't think I can keep doing this" I say, breaking from his grasp. "We're done" I say, giving Finn back the engagement ring that he gave me almost a year ago.

I wipe the tears from my eyes and get up, and exit the auditorium. Leaving my ex fiance in there all alone.

Roaming through the school doesn't help the crying, it just makes me think of all the memories there are of me and Finn.

I start singing one of my favorite songs One Of Us by Abba as I continue roaming the empty halls.

*watch this and come back to the story*

"you okay?" I feel a hand on my shoulder when I walk into the choir room.

I turn and it's Sam. "I'm fine, just I think Finn and I broke up"

Sam doesn't hesitate and pulls me into a hug.

"it'll be okay" He says as we embrace.

I hear music coming from the auditorium which I follow and I see Finn as Brad plays the piano along with Finn's singing of The Scientist. I join the song which ends abruptly when the lights go out in the auditorium.